Subject: Stark Raving - Wolf Raiders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Breitkopf
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time we played this, we awarded Lannister victory points for his units only at the end of the game, instead of each round, and he still won. So my expectation was that I would have a hard time to win with the correct rules. But there's a lot of variability in this Scenario, because of the random nature of the palisades and the catapults.

Setup

Lannister placed his palisade markers to block my right flank (Greatjon), and I placed the markers on the rivers to lead Gregor to the left.

I rolled 4 green and one red for the Palisades. So I could only remove the 4 to my left, cutting off the slow-moving Greatjon from the battle, just as Lannister had intended. This seemed even worse than the first time we played this, so at this point I firmly expected to lose.

Round 1

I started toward the first tents with my left flank, but was careful to keep them stalwart as much as possible. I managed to burn the first tent.
One of Lannister's green cavalry self-destructed by attacking my stalwart red cavalry.

The other troops moved closer to the action.

Lannister moved three units onto the river, and I actually managed eliminate one blue infantry with a catapult hit!

Score at end of Round 1: 2-2

Round 2

Lannister attacked my cavalry with Addam's (+ some other units) flanking attack. He managed to eliminate one red cavalry unit, but the attack left Addam rather exposed, and I managed to capture him, leaving his units without a commander.

I moved some blue cavalry to burn the tent near the river, and Rickard to attack the green infantry unit to the left. He did not manage to eliminate them, even though I rallied him using his commit ability.

Gregor advanced further, and the Lannister archer unit left the river.

Again, my catapults failed to hit Gregor.

Score at end of round 2: 4-4

Round 3

Lannister began. Kevan moved toward the action, and the Lannisters spent most of their attacks on my other red cavalry unit, but did not even get them to reduced strength.

Rickard was more effective, first eliminating the infantry, and then moving right to burn another tent (I rallied him twice that round).

Lannister moved Gregor off the river, and the remaining blue infantry onto it. I immediately eliminated that unit with my catapult :-)

Score at end of round 3: 8-5

Round 4

Lannister had effectively lost at this point, since he had no way to score more victory points. But we played it through, and Rickard and my red cavalry burned the last three tents on the right, leaving Lannister with just one tent (occupied by Gregor).

Final score: 14-7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Merridew
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing this scenerio tonight and were already confused by a lot of it, lots of new things, round by round VPs, catapults palasades and burning tents, hopefully it goes smoothly any advice for a Lannister looking to hold off the wolves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in short, dont expose Adam or Kevan, try kill the riders of winterfell first and fast, and give yourself some time to think about how to place the tokens on the palisades, it really matters where Stark can enter, and how big the holes are...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I played this today, where did you find the info with the points at the end of each turn?
It's definitly an interesting scenario, plays very different from the previous ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.