Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a round ends and the silk is returned from the Markets into the bag, are players also required to surrender any silk their elephants may be carrying at that time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, players keep their silk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply! We've been playing it that players keep their silk but I wasn't certain that we'd been correct in doing so. The element of doubt was this: in a five-player game, it's mathematically possible (albeit seemingly unlikely) for there to be only 7 cubes available to restock the market with. Since the rules don't explicitly deal with this possibility, it made me wonder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theapostlegreen wrote:
The element of doubt was this: in a five-player game, it's mathematically possible (albeit seemingly unlikely) for there to be only 7 cubes available to restock the market with. Since the rules don't explicitly deal with this possibility, it made me wonder.

Good observation, hadn't noticed that.

I'd say you just draw the 7 or 8 from the bag in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
theapostlegreen wrote:
The element of doubt was this: in a five-player game, it's mathematically possible (albeit seemingly unlikely) for there to be only 7 cubes available to restock the market with. Since the rules don't explicitly deal with this possibility, it made me wonder.

Good observation, hadn't noticed that.

I'd say you just draw the 7 or 8 from the bag in that case.

That's what we figured we'd do if it came to it... in fact, Steve, you were something of an inspiration for our decision with your response in the thread about randomizing the demand tokens:

Quote:
I literally don't do anything. I don't balance them according to the "first play diagram", I don't make it so there's one of each colour on level 1, level 2, and level 3. I don't worry about duplicates in one column, if it happens it happens.

I internalized the above as basically, "Just go with it and don't worry about it", LOL.

Love your avatar, BTW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.