Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Baynham
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This was brought out at the latest games night by one player who had picked it up at a recent car boot for around 50p. In my opinion it should have stayed there. We all had more enjoyment at making fun of the game than actually playing it. I thought that the roll for bonus number technique was interesting, but the rest of the game was horrible. It didn't help that the questions were so dated. If you see this game at a discount do not be tempted to part cash for it, or even take it for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm, my game group mentioned the game is copyrighted 1995, but there's no version of Outburst here on BGG that's dated 1995.

At any rate, there are newer versions, the most recent Outburst Remix that came out in 2004. Whether or not that's any good is another question entirely.

To me, this game is not bad in short bursts, but not much more than that. Of course, I was never a stickler for party games. If it means anything, I don't fare too well with a good number of questions. E.g. Neil Diamond songs, general sports, poets, writers, artists, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmunPtah wrote:
This was brought out at the latest games night by one player who had picked it up at a recent car boot for around 50p. In my opinion it should have stayed there. We all had more enjoyment at making fun of the game than actually playing it. I thought that the roll for bonus number technique was interesting, but the rest of the game was horrible. It didn't help that the questions were so dated. If you see this game at a discount do not be tempted to part cash for it, or even take it for free.

I like the game okay, but it does get dated pretty easily. More importantly, a lot of categories are culturally dependent. If you didn't have a UK version, I imagine it had to be pretty bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original version and yes it is dated. BUT it is still one of my favorite party games. I've been playing this one since it first came out, when the topics were current.

One of the things my family particularly liked about it was that it didn't require everyone to sit around a table. We usually play this in the living room which is more comfortable.

I still like to play this game on occasion and am sorry that I haven't gotten a newer version that has topics that or more current. My solution to this is that I create my own topic cards. These are one use cards that we mark with a pencil instead of using the holder, but I make them on the computer so I can always print them again.

I don't know why, but we always seem to laugh a lot when we play this game, and having fun when playing a party game is paramount.

In my family it is a winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.