Gettysburg (1977 Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: re: new life... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Having a lot of fun with this old game. I'm experimenting and modifying the intermediate game--using some of the advanced game extension markers for larger brigades--max of six combat factors firing from hex, so larger units can stretch out; fiddling with artillery ranged fire, or (if stacked with general, can add one to support infantry close combat). Instead of the intermediate CRT, I'm using the adv game strength markers for incremental losses--usually one or two in a combat. Next up is to experiment with morale in combat, disruption and rally. So, I'm shifting a bit in the direction of the Gamers' brigade system, simplified and without the overhead of bookkeeping. Having a lot of fun, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a variant article in the General about "using those super-neat formation counters" in the intermediate game. Sounds a lot like what you are describing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

In my opinion, the intermediate game was the only one worth playing, and sadly it seemed no more than an afterthought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Herr Niemand wrote:

In my opinion, the intermediate game was the only one worth playing, and sadly it seemed no more than an afterthought.

Agreed.

It didn't take long till I added ranged arty fire, I seem to remember deciding on 5 hex range, can't remember how I determined the results though.

My folks got me this one for Christmas the year it came out, was the first wargame that I didn't pick out/buy for myself Still has a place of honor in the collection, even though I haven't played it in years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.