Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Cross
England
Tamworth
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this today at our games day and we all really enjoyed it. Even though I was pipped to the post to the Cobra MK IV to go with my Cmdr. Jameson.

Later on I drew the Pirate Hunt card which states (from memory) that I needed to go to a location, draw two cards and discard the most powerful. That done I attempted to bribe the remaining pirate with my 'Friend of Pirates' ability (sorry, again this is from memory so I'm paraphrasing).

The rest of the players objected and I ended up fighting him to an impasse and winning the point.

Should I have been able to bribe him with my ability? I understand that it was a pirate /hunt/ but in PL Jameson is a scoundrel, underscored by his Han Solo's grandad character portrait, surely he wouldn't be beyond coming to a mutually beneficial arrangement with his scoundrel pals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
carldjcross wrote:
We played this today at our games day and we all really enjoyed it. Even though I was pipped to the post to the Cobra MK IV to go with my Cmdr. Jameson.

Later on I drew the Pirate Hunt card which states (from memory) that I needed to go to a location, draw two cards and discard the most powerful. That done I attempted to bribe the remaining pirate with my 'Friend of Pirates' ability (sorry, again this is from memory so I'm paraphrasing).

The rest of the players objected and I ended up fighting him to an impasse and winning the point.

Should I have been able to bribe him with my ability? I understand that it was a pirate /hunt/ but in PL Jameson is a scoundrel, underscored by his Han Solo's grandad character portrait, surely he wouldn't be beyond coming to a mutually beneficial arrangement with his scoundrel pals?

Yep. You were correct and your friends were not.
Jameson is a scoundrel and his ability is especially for this kind of "purposes".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Siddons-Smith
United Kingdom
derby
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so it was my bad!!!! sorry carl, not sure wether it would have changed much. I did say that it would be likely i would get a rule wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Cross
England
Tamworth
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Timo. It made sense to me for Jameson to act as disreputably as possible to get the point but the others disagreed

Oh well we'll know for next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Cross
England
Tamworth
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If that was the only rule we got wrong that day we'd be doing well!

Not to worry though, it wouldn't have changed anything at all but we have an official ruling in the unlikely event it happens again.

See you Wednesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.