Popular Tags: [View All]
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb

Really the best. Worth a trip to Canada. Eat some while you play this game of BSG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BSG PBF V34b.

This will be a 6-player using Pegasus and Exodus (Final Five and Cylon Fleet Board) going to Kobol. Several variants to try and rebalance several characters and flawed mechanics will be employed.

I will be using the Open Office spreadsheet and GIMP files from Orphius. I think they are amazing.

Players involved:
markino
I Eat Tables
Caimion
schmloof aka Someone Awesome TBD
jpg87
jwcleveland

Basic rules

1. For the basic rules and tips look at Tips and Tricks for BSG PBF.

2. Use the image banners so we know who you are! If you're on a mobile device and don't want to look up your bannerID, please put your character name at the top of your post.

3. The "posted and bolded happened" rule will be enforced There will be no take-backs, rollbacks, stepbacks... We will however try to simulate the flow of a F2F game, so simultaneous resolving of things can happen.

4. Subscribe to the thread! And if you don't visit often, turn on the option to forward your GeekMail to your email. And if you don't visit often, send in LOTS of COs. I love fast games.

5. Do not quote or link to other posts that happened a page or more ago, but use your own words to describe what you think happened.

6. All COs are strictly confidential in geekmail between you and me. Bolding actions when it's not your go is also forbidden (since they're public COs by another name). In the real game, you are never publicly bound to actions as you are with COs, so they should stay private. This is to protect an unrevealed Cylon’s right to lie, and to decrease the certainty of future events (and hence maintain paranoia).

7. I will assume that each player has the following standing COs. Send me a GM when you'd like to act otherwise.
- Pass on Declare Emergency
- Pass on Strategic Planning for shots against raiders and shots against human ships.
- Pass on interrupts for Launch Scout unless there are only 2 or less raptors remaining .
- Pass on Calculations
- Pass on Once Per Game abilities
- Pass on Evasive Maneuvers for unmanned vipers that aren't protecting a civilian ship.
- Pass on Sabotage
- If everybody else has responded to an interrupt and you haven't, and you don't have the cards in question, I will pretend you sent me a pass CO. This will not divulge hand information since I will also pass those who sent me a pass CO at the same time.
- If there are multiple conflicting CO interrupts, and the players have not worked out whose to play, I will play the lowest-valued interrupt. If it's still tied, I will play the interrupt for the player whose turn is coming up sooner.

8. Respect secrecy rules!
-- Only 'Low' or 'High' can be said if you put one card into a skill check. 'Medium' only if more that 1 is placed. Do not define what you mean by Low or High.
-- Talking about scouted cards beyond 'good' or 'bad'
-- Never say the cards you put into a skill check.
-- You CANNOT volunteer that you have 0-strength skill cards. At all. You can ask for them (If someone has an Establish Network, feel free) or ask to not play them (Red Tape is not cool right now) but you cannot say "I have a Red Tape". I hope this is clear. The same goes for Human Weakness.
-- Do not say anything about the reveal power on your Loyalty card.

9. Italics are flavor text. Together with pictures, they make the game more fun for everyone. Highly encouraged. Use photos at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/678577/map-to-gerrys-bsg...

I am a Human and make mistakes or miss things, so please tell me if you think anything is wrong! It probably is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
House Rules wrote:
Character Changes

Laura Roslin
Terminal Illness: Whenever the fleet jumps, discard 3 skill cards. If you have less than 3 skill cards in your hand, you are sent to "Sickbay".

Tom Zarek
Unconventional Tactics: On your turn, you may lose 1 population instead of losing the resources stated on the 'Fail' effect of a Crisis card.

Friends in Low Places: Once per game, after skill cards in an "Administration" or "Brig" skill check have been revealed, you may add up to 3 skill cards from your hand into the check. They count as double strength.

Tory Foster
Adaptable: Whenever the President plays a Quorum card, you may play a "Consolidate Power" Skill Card.

Influential: Action: Once per game, you may look at the top 5 cards of the Quorum deck. You may put up to 2 of them on the bottom of the deck and put the rest on top in any order.

Ellen Tigh
Adroit: Whenever you end your Movement step in the same location as another player, you pay pass him 1 Skill Card from your hand to draw 2 Skill Cards. They may come from outside your skill set.

Helena Cain
Intolerant: If another player would be sent to the "Brig" as a result of a Crisis card or an "Admiral's Quarters" skill check, you may discard 2 Leadership cards or 2 Treachery cards to execute that player instead.

Blind Jump: Action: Once per game, if at 6 or less distance, destroy 2 civilian ships to immediately jump the fleet; draw and resolve the second Destination card from the top. Then, if the fleet marker was on a red space, damage Galactica twice.

Bent on Revenge: If there is a basestar on the main game board, skip the “Prepare for Jump” step on your turn.

William Adama
Inspirational Leader: On your turn, after you draw a Crisis card involving a skill check, you may choose for Leadership to count as either positive or negative.

Command Authority: Once per game, after a skill check has been resolved, you may take any or all Skill Cards used for the check into your hand instead of discarding them.

Emotionally Attached: The "Admiral's Quarters" and "Airlock" locations may not be activated by you or on your turn.

Saul Tigh

Cylon Hatred: Whenever a player activates the "Admiral's Quarters" or "Airlock" locations, you may reduce the difficulty by 3.

Karl "Helo" Agathon
Cylon Sympathiser: If there is a player in the "Brig", draw only 3 cards during your Receive Skills step.

Felix Gaeta
FTL Operator: Whenever you activate the "FTL Control" location, you may reroll the die. You must keep the new result.

Amputee: Whenever you are sent to "Sickbay", discard a card and draw 2 Treachery cards.

Lee "Apollo" Adama
Alert Viper Pilot: If a viper would be placed in a space area from the "Reserves", you may immediately pilot it and take one action. You may only do so if you started your turn in a Galactica location and are not in the "Brig" or "Sickbay".

Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
Expert Pilot: If you are piloting a viper at the end of your Action step, you may take another Action.

Secret Destiny: Once per game, after a Crisis card has been drawn, you may discard it. Then look at the top two cards of the Crisis deck, put one on the bottom of the deck and resolve the other.

Insubordinate: Whenever you are the target of an "Executive Order" Skill Card, you must discard one random Skill Card.

Louanne "Kat" Katraine
Hotshot: Once per turn, if you would roll a die during an Action step, you may instead discard a Skill Card. Use that card's strength +2 instead of the die roll. You may not do this when activating the "FTL Control" location.

Sacrifice: Action: Once per game, if piloting a viper, send yourself to "Sickbay" to destroy 5 raiders, 2 heavy raiders, 1 basestar or 2 civilian ships in your space sector.

Samuel "Longshot" Anders
Star Player: Movement or Action: Once per turn, discard any number of Skill Cards. Then draw that number of Skill Cards from any one type within your skill set.

Longshot: Once per game, you may determine the result of a die roll instead of rolling it. This result may not be rerolled or modified.

Stranded: Your character is not placed on the game board at the start of the game. While off the game board, you may not move or take actions. At the start of your 2nd turn, move your character to the "Hangar Deck" location.

If picked after an execution, is only "Stranded" until the start of your next turn.

Callandra "Cally" Tyrol
Discharge of a Firearm: Action: Once per game, you may discard two cards to execute another player in your current location.

Quorum Cards Changes
Assign VP: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards and pass this card to any other player. Keep this card in play.
This player is now next highest in the Presidential Line of Succession. In addition, no other player may be targeted with the "Administration" location. If this player becomes President, discard this card.

Assign Arbitrator: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards and pass this card to any other player. Keep this card in play.
Whenever a player activates the "Admiral's Quarters" or the "Airlock" location, this player may discard this card to reduce or increase the difficulty by 3.

Accept Prophecy: Draw 1 Skill Card of your choice (it may be from outside your skill set). Keep this card in play.
Whenever a player activates "Administration" or targets you with an "Admiral's Quarters" or "Airlock" skill check, increase the difficulty by 2. Then discard this card.

Presidential Order: Choose any other player and give him either the Admiral or the CAG title. Then discard this card.

Probation: Replaced by another copy of "Release Cylon Mugshots". (Choose another player and look at one of his loyalty cards at random. Then roll a die, if 3 or less -1 morale.)

Destinations Changes
3-Cylon Ambush: -2 fuel. Place 1 basestar and 3 raiders in front of Galactica and 1 basestar behind Galactica.

2-Derelict Basestar: -1 fuel. Place a basestar in front of Galactica and two civilian ships behind Galactica. Damage the basestar once. Remove the damage token and increase the pursuit track by 1 at the start of the Admiral's next turn.

Skill Card Changes
Piloting Skill Cards
Protect the Fleet: The current player may activate one unmanned viper for every 3 strength worth of Piloting skill cards in the check, up to a maximum of 3 activations.

Full Throttle: Replaced with "Roll the Hard Six".
Roll the Hard Six: Reckless. Play before making a Skill Check. Roll a die. If 6 or higher, damage a basestar or destroy a Centurion. If the Skill Check is passed, you may roll again. These die rolls cannot be modified.

6-strength Skill Cards
Political Prowess: Play before making a skill check triggered by a location. Choose any number of players. They may not play into the skill check.

Scout for Fuel: Action: Risk a raptor and roll a die:
1-2: Destroy the raptor.
3-5: No effect. Put Scout for Fuel back into your hand.
6-8: Gain 1 fuel.

Best of the Best: Action: All characters with Piloting their skill set (and is not in the "Brig") may immediately launch themselves in a viper. Then, all characters piloting a Viper may activate their viper 4 times.

Treachery Rules
Destiny Deck is not made with Treachery. All players receive 1 Treachery card at the start of the game; all human players receive 1 as well as after the Sleeper Agent Phase. All Treachery cards discarded from human players' hands are shuffled into the Destiny Deck. (A player revealing as a Cylon is considered to be a Cylon player at time of discarding.)

Treachery Skill Cards
Broadcast Location: Reckless Skill Check: Increase the pursuit track by 1.

Human Weakness: Skill Check: This check is Reckless. Action: If at least 1 human player is in the "Brig", reduce the highest resource by 1. Then, you may do it again.

Sabotage: Play when a human player discards a Treachery Skill Card. Draw and resolve a damage token of your choice. Only one "Sabotage" card may be used per turn.

Locations
Administration: (8YG) Choose a player and pass this check to give him the President title. That player may then draw or play a Quorum card. If another player was chosen, reduce the difficulty of this check by 3.

Weapons Control: Attack two different types of Cylon ships in the same space area with Galactica. Galactica hits Heavy Raiders on a roll of 6-8.

Research Lab: Discard a card, then draw 1 Tactics and 1 Engineering card.

Cylon Leader Changes
"Caprica" Six
Conflicted Loyalties: You must discard a card to activate the "Cylon Fleet" and "Basestar Bridge" locations.

Leoben Conoy
Cryptic Message: Action: Once per game, you may swap your hand of skill cards with another player. Then choose either yourself or that player to take an additional Action.

Cylon Leader Agendas
Prove Their Worth - The humans have won AND at least 7 raptors/vipers are damaged or destroyed AND 3 or more Galactica/Pegasus locations are damaged. (Pegasus being destroyed counts.)
The Illusion of Hope - The Cylons have won AND 7 or more units of distance have been traveled AND Morale is 2 or higher.
Convert the Infidels - The humans have won AND the resource dials total 12 or lower.
Salvage their Equipment - The Cylons have won AND 3 or fewer Galactica locations are damaged AND Fuel and Food total 4 or higher.
Grant Mercy - The humans have won AND Food or Population is at 2 or lower.
Guide Them to Destiny - The humans have won AND Morale and Population are within 2 of each other.

Other Important Misc. Stuff
Pegasus Destruction: -1 to all resources that are not in the red zone.

Civilian Ships: One -1 population ship is now -1 population, -1 food.

Loyalty Deck: At the end of the game, if the last card in the loyalty deck is a "You are A Cylon" card, the other Cylon can reduce all resources by 1 OR damage Galactica twice OR activate Centurions.

Executions: Any titles the executed character held are transferred to the next character in the Line of Succession before the new character is picked.

Cylon Reveals: The "Damage Galactica" reveal now only allows you to draw 4 damage tokens, while the "Draw Treachery" reveal now forces everyone to draw 2 Treachery cards instead of just 1.

Revealed Cylons: If a basestar is destroyed, all Cylons on the Basestar Bridge location have to discard two cards are are sent to the Resurrection Ship. The tracks roll on the Basestar Bridge has no effect on a roll of 8. The maximum hand size of a revealed Cylon is 8.

Note changes to Zarek, Kat, Administration, Assign VP and Basestar Bridge. Also note the secrecy rules regarding 0-strength cards and other changes to the secrecy rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
I HAVE HAD THEM YES THEY ARE GOOD
Yay I stole had stolen your 2nd post.

Damn you! HA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement W
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Never been to Canada or USA (or Europe), but I'll try to remember to get the cookies if I ever go there in future! (Also, the thought of yummy cookies is making me kinda hungry, it's going to be lunch time soon over here...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolling for order... Lowest first.

markino - 1d100 = (15) = 15
I Eat Tables - 1d100 = (62) = 62
schmloof - 1d100 = (32) = 32
jwcleveland - 1d100 = (32) = 32
jpg87 - 1d100 = (92) = 92
Caimion - 1d100 = (60) = 60

Rolloff!
schmloof - 1d100 = (87) = 87
jwcleveland - 1d100 = (38) = 38

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 144473. oriecat
  • 1d100 =
  • (15) =
  • markino -
  • Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:48 am
  • [+]
  • 144474. oriecat
  • 1d100 =
  • (62) =
  • I Eat Tables -
  • [+]
  • 144475. oriecat
  • 1d100 =
  • (32) =
  • schmloof -
  • [+]
  • 144476. oriecat
  • 1d100 =
  • (32) =
  • jwcleveland -
  • [+]
  • 144477. oriecat
  • 1d100 =
  • (92) =
  • jpg87 -
  • [+]
  • 144478. oriecat
  • 1d100 =
  • (60) =
  • Caimion -
  • Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:49 am
  • [+]
  • 144479. oriecat
  • 1d100 =
  • (87) =
  • schmloof -
  • Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 am
  • [+]
  • 144480. oriecat
  • 1d100 =
  • (38) =
  • jwcleveland -
  • Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 am
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d10-1 markino
d10-2 jwcleveland
d10-3 schmloof
d10-4 Caimion
d10-5 I Eat Tables
d10-6 jpg87

GO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Agendas:
Prove Their Worth - The humans have won AND at least 7 raptors/vipers are damaged or destroyed AND 3 or more Galactica/Pegasus locations are damaged. (Pegasus being destroyed counts.)
The Illusion of Hope - The Cylons have won AND 7 or more units of distance have been traveled AND Morale is 2 or higher.
Convert the Infidels - The humans have won AND the resource dials total 12 or lower.
Salvage their Equipment - The Cylons have won AND 3 or fewer Galactica locations are damaged AND Fuel and Food total 4 or higher.
Grant Mercy - The humans have won AND Food or Population is at 2 or lower.
Guide Them to Destiny - The humans have won AND Morale and Population are within 2 of each other.

Before I pick, I'd like to consider Daniel's concerns about Zarek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like his suggestion. I just posted that in the other thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are Cylon hand sizes so small?

It's fairly difficult for a Cylon to gain a lot of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarek has been changed to "On your turn, if you would lose resources as a result of a Skill Check on a Crisis card, you may lose 1 population instead." This I think should be fine.

But anyway, I pick "Caprica" Six.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, 6? Yeah, where did that come from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. I copied that over from the Lounge. Ignore that; change it back to 8. And Zarek has been changed (again) to only trigger on Skill Checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Cylon hand limit apply to Cylon Leaders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Zarek - what exactly do you mean when you lose resources?

More specifically, if you fail Sabotage Investigated, is it -1 pop in exchange for

A) each of the three resource losses
B) just one of the resources
C) all of the resource losses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that the latest OO file has Treacherous Destiny as an option now! So excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cleveland
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pick my boy, Helo.

Am I reading correctly that the Cylon Sympathizer has replaced the Stranded disadvantage and then Anders is stranded instead? If that is the case, I'm assuming ECO Officer and Moral Compass are unchanged?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's correct!

schmloof picks Cally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cookie Crew wrote:

markino -

jwcleveland -

schmloof -
- 1 Politics, 1 Leadership, 1 Engineering
Caimion -
I Eat Tables -
jpg87 -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwcleveland wrote:
I pick my boy, Helo.

You were Helo in our last game together too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cleveland
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
jwcleveland wrote:
I pick my boy, Helo.

You were Helo in our last game together too.

Like I said, he's my boy. And I will draw one of each regardless of my starting Loyalty please.

FYI, guys. I live in Colorado Springs. For any of you who are up on the current news, my city is on fire. I live far enough into town that half the city would have to burn before I am in danger. However, circumstances may prevent me from logging in from time to time. Just be advised that if I tell you I will be out for a while from the game, that is why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks so horrible. I am glad you're far from danger, but stay safe anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
-- Do not say anything about a Loyalty card other than YANAC/YAAC.

I can't warn people not to check me (and possibly be lying about having a F5)? That's an incredibly useful tool for a cylon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cookie Crew wrote:

markino -
- Full Draw
jwcleveland -
- 1 Leadership, 1 Tactics, 1 Piloting
schmloof -
- 1 Politics, 1 Leadership, 1 Engineering
Caimion -
- 2 Politics, 1 Leadership
I Eat Tables -
jpg87 -

I'm sad I'm not Chief I played him in a Vassal game with Cally, but two engineer-types is pretty annoying. Although fun with SR and establish network. I digress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caimion wrote:
oriecat wrote:
-- Do not say anything about a Loyalty card other than YANAC/YAAC.

I can't warn people not to check me (and possibly be lying about having a F5)? That's an incredibly useful tool for a cylon.

Also, does this extend to Six's agenda? Can she not ask for help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.