$10.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

WildLife» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wildlife by Uberplay, how to resolve a tie at the end of the game ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Pickel
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
We recently discovered Wildlife, produced by the now defunct Uberplay and designed by Wolfgang Kramer. Ties during small scoring during the game are explained. But the rules never mention how to resolve a tie after the final scoring is complete. We ended up with a tie between two players in a five player game. We both sat at 82 on the scoring track. One player had more food and a larger population but there was no mention in the rules how a tiewould resolve. Uberplay is oob. And I have not heard back from Mr. Kramerjust yet. Anyone know of an addendum that fixes this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never seen a tie before. Just out of curiosity, did the player that ended the game have three or more food left? If so, he should have converted them into at least one more point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Moved to Wildlife >> Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Pickel
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
The two players tied, bears and alligators, had 0 and 1 food left respectively. I felt that remaining food would make a pretty good tie breaker and was willing to give him the game, but everyone really wanted to know the "official" rule.

The alligators besides being the oldest species also had the largest herd. Surely one of these have to factor into the tie breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I have never seen a tiebreaker presented in any manner for the game.

I guess I would go with what you came up with.

First tie breaker: More food for the win.

Second tie breaker: Larger herd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.