Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julie Buse
United States
Yakima
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play Wooden Ships & Iron Menfor the first time FtF. Rule issue came up while playing. If a ship was abandoned and still floating with no crew on it, Can you fire at at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be bad luck for the crew... I did not see anything in the rules to prevent it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrecking a perfectly good prize? Cannot think of rule to prevent it, or a reason to do it. Gunnery practice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Union Gap
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
papiklfish wrote:
Wrecking a perfectly good prize? Cannot think of rule to prevent it, or a reason to do it. Gunnery practice?

Julie and I were pitted against one another in this quandary with I the one who wished to blow-up the abandoned ship. The story goes something like this:

I had just finished killing off David (a teammate of Julie's) in a melee attack wherein our ships were grappled together. I had lost many men in my attempt to take the enemy vessel and had greatly damaged her hull in the process. Thus I had taken over greatly crippled ship with a very small and tired crew. Meanwhile, Julie was approaching with a solid ship and nary a crew lost. Knowing that I could not win another melee attack, survive a fire-fight, or outrun my enemy, I chose to abandon and blow-up my prize rather than to allow it to fall into the hands of my enemy once more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.