2 Posts

Crusader Rex» Forums » General

Subject: 2.0 deck composition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Kim
United States
flag msg tools
I am trying to see how 2.0 changes the game over 1.4. One thing I didn't see in the threads are certain details on the cards.

2.0 has 22 move cards (instead of 21) according to the rules. Has this really changed or are they now counting Winter Campaign as a move card (plus the same mix of 6 move3, 9 move2 and 6 move1 as in 1.4)?

A thread also said Winter Campaign has changed, how?

While there are "clarifications" to the event cards in the 2.0 rules, I never saw the real description for the events. I gather Mud is gone and Assassin is the same as in 1.4. But there is now Guide, Intrigue, Manna and a different version of Jihad. Can anyone describe what the new items do?

I know it looks daunting, but has anyone tried to actually do a home made upgrade of 1.4 to a 2.0? It looks like there is quite a bit to do and some other threads were even doubting that 2.0 is worthwhile.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
flag msg tools
Hi from Germany,

in order to avoid (or fill) flaws and gaps in the original rules, I maintain my "tuned" version of the rules.
It helps tremendously to not go "crazy" on those very special specific cases of the Winter Campaign, Sieges in Winter turns, harrying, sallying etc.

The sturdy game board of the 2nd edition is worth it. The new pictures on the stickers require some need getting used to them.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.