Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to decide between getting this or Dungeon Run.

One key factor is which is easier to learn? My friends expect me to teach them every game.

Another is, which is quicker play?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
This. Definitely this. I'm not saying that DR is a bad game, but it's primary appeal is that it has a board, and some people finding moving around a board more immersive. However, this is very easy to learn (especially if you use the really handy player aid file) and has tons of variety and replayability. DR gives you lots of chances to roll dice, but if you want to provided with different and interesting choices CC has tons of variety in the encounter system that DR just can't match. Especially once you start mixing in the expansions, you never know how a game of CC is going to go and no two games are quite alike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info sounds like I will be picking this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Drouin
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Run is fun, but Cutthroat Caverns is an excellent game. Out of the two I would most definitely go for Cutthroat Caverns. Very enjoyable and easy to learn/play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is really like comparing apples to oranges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they're that different, really.

For my money, it's Cutthroat Caverns all the way. Just a fantastic game and full of cool ideas and depth.

I think that Dungeon Run, while simple and fun, will get much better with some future expansions and added depth. As of right now, though, it's Cutthroat by a mile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Scott
United States
California
flag msg tools
I find it funny that you as this question in the topic forum, as opposed to the general forum. Of course the people here are going to say to get CC since they're fans of the game or else they wouldnt be here

I say get both but pick DR first. It's a standalone game, with no expansions YET, and you can play it solo when your friends are not available. It is also very easy to learn IMO

CC has two or three expansions and if you're like me, you'll want to get those as well if you like the game.

I say find a video online for reviews and GAMEPLAY and judge for yourself so you won't regret your decision later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played DR a little while ago, then played this about a week ago. This game took a little longer to get the hang of but once we did, we loved it. DR was ok for us. This was a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark West
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CUTTHROAT CAVERNS!!!! Buy it now!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.