Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cardboard of the Rings LOTR LCG Podcast
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Cardboard of the Rings!

A bi-weekly podcast for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (a Living Card Game, by Fantasy Flight Games)

Join co-hosts Brandon, Andrew, Brian, and Mitch, along with their latest addition, Jared, as they discuss weekly articles and monthly expansions for the LOTR LCG, along with providing card analyses, play experiences and release speculations in a laid-back, casual atmosphere. They also host regular giveaways in which listeners can enter to win a free copy of an upcoming Adventure Pack of their choice!

Be sure to check out our latest episode:

Episode 39 - Spideresque

As well as our latest and greatest series of videos:

The LOTR LCG Progression Series

You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways:

http://cardboardoftherings.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CardboardOfTheRings
http://www.youtube.com/COTRPodcast
Cardboardoftherings@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/#!/cotrpodcast
Cardboard of the Rings on Fantasy Flight Games
Cardboard of the Rings on BoardGameGeek

NOTE: Mitch's product reviews for LOTR LCG mentioned in many old episodes are now hosted here, and are no longer being produced.

Feel free to contact us to suggest topics for discussion or to share your thoughts on anything LOTR LCG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Full list of Cardboard of the Rings episodes:

Episode 1 - Don't Ignore Eleanor

- Our first episode, starring Brandon and Andrew! Topics include their initial impressions of LOTR LCG, as well as previews for The Hunt for Gollum.

Episode 2 - Die Hard Fans

- Topics include The Hunt for Gollum previews, as well as a discussion of the cooperative format, various LOTR LCG community resources, and some Core set player card analyses.

Episode 3 - New Fish At Dol Guldur

- Featuring guest-host Dave! Topics include a review of FAQ v1.0, the discussion of the LOTR LCG personality profiles, the Escape From Dol Goldur scenario, as well as more Core set player card analyses.

Episode 4 - Gateway Drug

- Topics include The Hunt for Gollum previews and some Core set encounter card discussion.

Episode 5 - Westfold!

- Topics include The Hunt for Gollum and Conflict at the Carrock previews, as well as a discussion of the updated FAQ v1.1.

Episode 6 - Down On Bilbo?

- Topics include Conflict at the Carrock previews, as well as a review of The Hunt for Gollum.

Episode 7 - Missing At Osgiliath

- Topics include a trip report for Gen Con 2011, previews for The Dead Marshes, a full review of The Massing at Osgiliath scenario and encounter cards, as well as The Hunt for Gollum play experiences and an analysis of the Conflict at the Carrock player and encounter cards.

Episode 8 - One And Three Are Odd

- Topics include A Journey to Rhosgobel previews, as well as a discussion of Conflict at the Carrock play experiences and difficulty scaling in LOTR LCG.

Episode 9 - Rules Are For Fools!

- Co-host Brian joins the cast! Topics include a discussion of Adventure Pack release scheduling, as well as A Journey to Rhosgobel player cards, encounter cards, and initial play experiences.

Episode 10 - Samwise Cometh

- Co-host Mitch joins the cast! Topics include The Hills of Emyn Muil and Khazad-dum previews, as well as further A Journey to Rhosgobel play experiences, table talk in LOTR LCG, and a discussion of the evolution of several Core set cards.

Episode 11 - Ruined My Ride

- Topics include The Dead Marshes previews, The Massing at Osgiliath play experiences, a review of The Hills of Emyn Muil player cards, and a discussion of whether or not buying three copies of the Core set is worth the investment.

Episode 12 - Who Let The Bees Out

- Topics include previews of The Dead Marshes, The Redhorn Gate, and the Dwarrowdelf cycle of adventure packs, as well as a review of The Hills of Emyn Muil and a discussion of the hosts’ top 5 Tactics cards.

Episode 13 - Second Second Breakfast

- Featuring eventual co-host Jared! Topics include an interview with Nate French and Lukas Litzsinger, previews for Khazad-dum, a review of The Dead Marshes player cards, and a discussion of FAQ Version 1.2, as well as the hosts’ top 5 Spirit cards.

Episode 14 - Gollum's Pleasure

- Topics include a preview of Return to Mirkwood, a review of The Dead Marshes encounter cards, and a discussion of the concept of scoring, as well as the hosts’ top 5 Leadership cards.

Episode 15 - Not A Dwarf

- Topics include more previews for Khazad-dum, a continued discussion of The Dead Marshes play experiences, a review of the Return to Mirkwood player cards, and a discussion of the hosts’ top 5 Lore cards.

Episode 16 - 10th Nazgul And A Dorito

- Topics include additional previews for Khazad-dum and the Dwarrowdelf cycle of adventure packs, as well as a review of the Return to Mirkwood encounter cards and associated play experiences.

Episode 16.5 - Boromir Gets Fresh

- A special episode, during which co-hosts Brian and Mitch conduct an audio play-through of Passage Through Mirkwood.

Episode 17 - Shadowing Mirkwood

- Topics include previews for Khazad-dum, and an in-depth review of the entire Shadows of Mirkwood cycle of adventure packs.

Episode 18 - Insane in the MemDain

- Topics include a discussion of “Boromir’s Guide to Deck Construction,” a preview of The Long Dark, and a review of the Khazad-dum player cards.

Episode 19 - Thunder from Down Under

- Co-host Jared joins the cast! Topics include a continued discussion of “Bormomir’s Guide to Deck Construction,” an analysis of the power of Zigil Miner, and a review of the “Into the Pit” scenario.

Episode 20 - Goblin Flavour

- Topics include previews for The Redhorn Gate, a discussion of the relative strengths of mono, dual, or triple-sphere decks, as well a review of “The Seventh Level” scenario.

Episode 21 - Medulla Oblongoblin

- Topics include The Redhorn Gate previews, as well as a discussion of FFG deck archetypes and analysis of the Flight from Moria scenario.

Episode 22 - They're Taking The Hobbits to Isengard!

- Topics include Road to Rivendell and Shadow and Flame previews, a comparison between Khazad-dum and the Core set, and a discussion of The Redhorn Gate player cards.

Episode 23 - Gorn Hole

- Topics include Secrecy, The Redhorn Gate encounter card highlights, Keen-eyed Took vs. Wandering Took, and Road to Rivendell player cards.

Episode 24 - We're All Out Of Chicken

- Featuring guest-host Brev! Topics include The Watcher in the Water and The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill previews, as well as a review of Road to Rivendell and a Gollum impersonation showdown.

Episode 25 - Ladies Love

- Topics include The Long Dark and The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill previews, The Watcher in the Water player cards, as well as a deconstruction and analysis of a Rohan-themed deck designed by Brian.

Episode 26 - The Devil Made Me Do It!

- Topics include more The Long Dark previews, The Watcher in the Water encounter cards and play experiences, as well a deconstruction and analysis of two Dwarf-themed decks designed by Mitch.

Episode 27 - David Asfaloth

- Topics include Foundations of Stone previews, a discussion of the future of LOTR LCG, as well as a review of The Long Dark player cards.

Episode 28 - White Wizard

- Topics include more Foundations of Stone previews, a review of The Long Dark encounter cards and some related play experiences, as well as a discussion of luck versus skill in LOTR LCG.

Episode 29 - Andrew Stabbed With Morgul Blade

- Topics include a Shadow and Flame preview, a discussion of several hosts' own "pet" or once-overlooked cards, and a review of the Foundations of Stone player cards.

Episode 30 - The Pearl of Middle-Earth

- Topics include another Shadow and Flame preview, a discussion of "power creep," as well as a review of the Foundations of Stone encounter cards and a discussion of their associated scenario.

Episode 31 - Beravor is Always Ready for a Good FAQ

- Topics include The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill previews, and in-depth discussion of the updated FAQ v1.3.

Episode 32 - Not Just Gen Con!

- Topics include extensive Heirs of Numenor previews, a review of Shadow and Flame player cards, and a massive trip report for Gen Con 2012.

Episode 33 - Hot Coffee

- Topics include a review of the Shadow and Flame encounter cards, as well as associated play experiences.

Episode 34 - Share the Load

- Topics include previews for The Hobbit: On the Doorstep and Heirs of Numenor, as well as a review of player cards from The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill.

Episode 35B - I Smell Manflesh B

- Topics include previews for The Steward’s Fear, a discussion of each host’s favorite Dwarf cards, and a review of the “We Must Away, Ere Break of Day” scenario.

Episode 36 - Spoiler Alert

- Topics include previews for Heirs of Numenor and the Against the Shadow cycle of adventure packs, as well as a discussion of the LCG World Championship, a recent round-table chat with LOTR LCG lead designer Caleb Grace, and a review of the “Over the Misty Mountains Grim” scenario.

Episode 37 - Double Deluxe

- Topics include a discussion of the Riddle mechanic in the “Dungeons Deep and Cavern Dim” scenario, and a review of the Heirs of Numenor player cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh! I don't have the time to listen to all that, nor do I have the will to resist! Threat level is at 49!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great - do you have an iTunes link or can you organise one easily?

Ignore - answered my own question. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Awesome
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Can't read my POKAH FASE
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see you guys finally made it to BGG land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duck Farmer
Australia
Ziggurat City
Phantasmagoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
Argh! I don't have the time to listen to all that, nor do I have the will to resist! Threat level is at 49!

I've been listening from the start. Do yourself a favour and listen to them all - you won't be disappointed. Brandon and his team do a great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I have to highly recommend, I've been listening from the start as well.

Some episodes are more focused than others but for the most part I really enjoy the discussion of the quests and new cards. I love to compare my opinion of the cards with theirs.

Around episode 25 or so the show hit a sort of low point, in my opinion, with a lot of profanity and off-topic discussion, but they've since got it back on track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Overweg
United States
ZEELAND
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always look forward to the new episodes of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Salisch
Germany
Pirmasens
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
Check out my youtube channel: Patrick Salisch
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
really love the comments you guys make while you are playing in your videos, awesome! You absolutely helped me out learning the rules, thx a lot!

Crysagon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discover yet another brilliant use for KET in the latest episode of Cardboard of the Rings - it's Episode 30 - The Pearl of Middle-Earth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
cotrpodcast wrote:
Discover yet another brilliant use for KET in the latest episode of Cardboard of the Rings - it's Episode 30 - The Pearl of Middle-Earth!

I can't believe KET triumphs over Boromir.... then again Boromir is made to discard, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After an amazing time at Gen Con, the COTR guys are back to discuss our newly revealed Heirs of Numenor expansion, as well as to give an extensive trip report in Episode 32 - Not Just Gen Con! (aka Handful of Benadryl)

If you missed it (it was never announced on these forums), be sure to also check out our discussion of our latest FAQ update in Episode 31 - Beravor is Always Ready for a Good FAQ!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 2 hours into the Gencon episode and really enjoying it. Good coverage of the LOTR LCG news and spoilers. As someone who has wanted to go to Gencon but never had a chance it's great to hear what the experience is like. I'm hoping you guys talk about Netrunner as well but that hasn't happened so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Untergeher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are doing a great job as always! Looking forward to continue listening to episode 32!

Also: Here's hoping that Andrew will return soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is the feed address so I can put this into my podcast app? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denny prijadi
Russia
Sevastopol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great podcast.. i learned a lot from this podcast

btw

when will you videotaped Ninjadorg's user created scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Aguirre
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome! Thanks for posting this list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I finally got around to updating this thread, in preparation for the upcoming Episode 38!

For those of you new to Cardboard of the Rings, or that haven't listened in a while, be sure to check out our latest episode:

Episode 37 - Double Deluxe

As well as our latest and greatest, ongoing series of videos, created by co-host Mitch and listener Matthew D:

The LOTR LCG Progression Series

Look for Episode 38 to drop soon, and until then, best of luck to you in your continued adventures in Middle-Earth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time for the new year, Episode 38 has arrived! Be sure to join your hosts as we take a look together into the Mirror of Galadriel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first new episode of 2013 has finally arrived! Join your regular co-hosts as they discuss the difficulty of LOTR LCG, provide an overview of a variety of community resources, and give their opinions and analysis of the first scenario of the Heirs of Numenor deluxe expansion, Peril in Pelargir!

It's Episode 39 - Spideresque!

And, in case you've missed it, be sure to check out the LOTR LCG Progression Series on YouTube, which today has released its monumental 10th episode!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DuBois
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find an RSS feed for these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Cardboardoftherings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's official mini-page for podcast: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodcast/22743/cardboard-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hector
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
http://brokenmeeple.blogspot.co.uk/
mbmbmbmbmb
For whatever reason my Podcast Addict doesn't find your podcast despite using that exact RSS feed.

There needs to be an easier way to access your older episodes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.