Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C. J. Robinson
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I like Carcassonne, and when The City came out, I was intrigued, but not so much to pay for a wooden box containing the game. Then The City 2 was published in the familiar sized cardboard box. I recently got a copy.

While I am pleased with game, particularly with the various ways one can score points and neat looking walls and towers, I am disappointed that the roads don't always clearly match up between adjacent tiles, (but can be offset by a few mm) and the market areas often come to an ambiguous point at the corners of some tiles, leaving one to wonder whether the market is closed or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joseba josh
msg tools
I bought here in Spain a copy three months ago and noticed the same problem, i contacted the customer care service from Rio Grande Games, and the first response i got was, textually:

"Actually, this is par for the course. Any tiles I send you will be about the same"

After sending them several pictures from my copy of the game and comparing them with the ones with the bgg (that don't suffer this problem) they sent me a full replacement for all the tiles from the game.

The tiles received from Rio Grande suffered from the same problem.

So I guess that maybe the entire edition in cardboard box suffers that problem, because the pictures i see in bgg are perfect and maybe they are from the wooden box edition.

Considering the problem, the roads problem is just aesthetic, but the markets problem is more serious making the game unplayable for the same reasons as discussed, you don't know clearly if the market is closed or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Sidcup
Kent
flag msg tools
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's entirely playable. If it looks like it is nearly touching, its meant to be touching. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.