Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: MRP-Avail [+] [View All]
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To venture into finding out whether there will be a new release/reprint I contacted Bruno Faidutti to ask him about future plans of M:RP.

First, I have to say that I really love BGG and the possibility to directly contact (some) game designers. So, thanks Bruno for your quick reply. Unfortunately, there is little hope to see it republished.

"Hi Bernhard,

there's no plan for a reprint or a new edition of Red Planet, and it doesn't sound very likely at the moment. So, if you can find the old version, go for it.
Bruno"

So it comes down to whether you can live with a great game that has some component issues (see previous posts) or give it a pass.

Asmodee also stopped their support for M:RP, so the chance to get replacement boards might be gone as well. Here’s what I found out from Asmodee (thanks for the quick replay to Stefan Brunell):

"M:RP is now out of print since several years and we liquidate our last stock. You can still find them in some stores like Tanga for 5$. We don't support this game anymore and no reprint is on the schedule."

I think I will try to track it down in Oz and hope that it might just not fall apart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I have had no problems with the components except for about 3 cards that are missing litters in the printing as for example, one of the cards is missing all the "s" ... very odd, but well, not the end of the world. I'll just write on them one of these days...

The game is great and I did have a hard time to get my hands on it myself, now that I got it, I sleep tight every night!

It's totally worth owning, great theme, nice components and very tense!

Go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That was the final push to get a copy ordered.

Pedrator wrote:
The game is great and I did have a hard time to get my hands on it myself, now that I got it, I sleep tight every night!

Oh, some games really take over your brain until you got them laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:

"M:RP is now out of print since several years and we liquidate our last stock. You can still find them in some stores like Tanga for 5$. We don't support this game anymore and no reprint is on the schedule."

This game for $5 BEFORE S&H? Still quite a steal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it got me surprise as well until I couldn't find a price that even comes close.

Maybe it was a hint from Asmodee for a future Tanga deal whistle
However, Tanga doesn't deliver to Oz, so I try not to follow M:RP pricing (ordered it today for 50 bucks downunder).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I bought a sealed copy a year ago from a guy trying to cull his collection, along with about 6-7 other games in a sweet package deal. I think I paid no more than $10 for it and still haven't opened it. I am now thinking maybe I should hold onto it for a nice profit instead of opening it. Although I do want to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded my game instead of auctioning it or keeping it on the shelves. It's an excellent game and more people out there should have a chance to play it. Hopefully it will stay in circulation or at least settle into a group that plays it often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.