Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kaufman
United States
Rosemead
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've got a game group that meets every other week for three hours and we'd like to give Diplomacy a try. Any ideas how to split the game up to be a combined live/PBEM game to accomidate our schedule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Leffingwell
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you all have premium memberships to playdiplomacy.com (which is about $16 a year) you can set up a live game. I believe how it works is that you can set it so that after the live time is up the game will revert to turn-based online play.

I've never done it though but when I looked into setting up a live game that is how it appeared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Do you mean a game that would start out live and finish online, or do you mean a game where some of the players are live and some are playing from online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Leffingwell
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would start out played in real time live on the server and finish online but not played in real time. It would start out live and turn into sort of a play by email game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kaufman
United States
Rosemead
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Start out live and finish online - perhaps even go back and forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm a huge fan of the Dipbounced site.

You can set order resolution on Dipbounced to be at a certain time, or you can set orders to process when everyone has their orders in and has set their own timing to "Now", as opposed to the deadline; that way, when all players have their orders submitted and set to "Now", they'll get processed immediately.

Simple.

When you're not all around together, you'd just use the standard messaging interface.

(If you need help setting up a game to do this, let me know and I'll GM it for you).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.