$10.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Mille Bornes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ok, I have a flat tire and there are no more spare tire cards . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and some one else has the puncture proof tire special card.

So basically I am stuck the rest of the game?

Am I missing something? This seems pretty flawed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
tsnouffer wrote:

I'd not call it a flaw, but yes you're correct. There are a certain number of remedies for each type of accident. One hasto weigh the odds and play accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
tsnouffer wrote:

I'd not call it a flaw, but yes you're correct. There are a certain number of remedies for each type of accident. One hasto weigh the odds and play accordingly.

Are you suggesting there is some strategy I could have employed to avoid that?

Is it simply know what cards have and have not been played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 6 spare tires, one tire-safety (preventing flat tires) and only 3 flat tires. So the other players can try to accumulate the safety and the remedies to keep you from getting them.

I used to have this game and eventually traded it away because there's so little control involved. You can definitely get stuck with nothing good you can do for several turns -- not a good feeling.

I think the strategy in this game is pretty limited. The best strategy is to pick a different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Play with partners. If I recall correctly, a partner can help you on their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Interesting ideas.

I bought the game to play with my daughters but some of the nuance would be lost on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
tsnouffer wrote:
whac3 wrote:
tsnouffer wrote:

Are you suggesting there is some strategy I could have employed to avoid that?

Is it simply know what cards have and have not been played?

Not entirely, no, but t an extent. Whenever you discard, you need to bear in mind what's probably available and what isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My strategy is to try holding on to at least one of each remedy card, and two Go cards, until I've seen two of the corresponding hazard cards either played/discarded or in my hand, or until replaced by their corresponding safety. If I'm not rolling, it's more important to hold on to remedies than miles. If I don't have any End of Limit cards, I'll try to have at least one 50 or 25 mile card just so I can still put miles down if I get hit by a speed limit.

But a lot of the game is still the luck of the draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As is game is played in rounds, it's not that big an issue. some rounds you'll have bad luck, some you'll have good. the trick is to maximize those good luck rounds so in the long run you can win... I think luck is only a problem if you only play one round...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Duensing
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tsnouffer wrote:

The trick is to try to manage your hand so that you don't get put into that position. This is a hand management game. You need to watch what the other players discard and to make sure you keep remedy cards. This is one reason you play multiple rounds--to even out that sort of thing happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.