Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Summers
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Both the bersk lore card and bear riders allow for a reroll on a sword on shield die result. Does playing the berserk on a bear rider unit have any effect, such as a double reroll?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
davyyd wrote:
Both the bersk lore card and bear riders allow for a reroll on a sword on shield die result. Does playing the berserk on a bear rider unit have any effect, such as a double reroll?

Thanks!

They are actually doing slightly different things.

Berserk allows you to reroll all SoS results ONCE more to see if they hit again. You would then either count SoS as a hit, matching color as a hit, or apply flags. In addition, Berserk grants you more dice based on your level of Warrior

Bear Riders allows you to reroll all SoS results INDEFINITELY to see if they hit again. Bear riders doesn't grant you any more dice.

So if you played a Berserk on Bear riders, first you would get to roll an additional die for each level of warrior you had. Then based on the first set of rolls, both Berserk and Bear rider are making you reroll bonuses. So the effects are a wash. Berserk's re-roll is absorbed by Bear riders re-roll. You would then keep rolling any more SoS because of Bear rider.

I am not sure how many dice Bear riders roll (I think 4 but don't feel like looking it up). Say because of Terrain, they are rolling 3 at the moment. Because of Berserk and a Level 2 Warrior, they will now roll a total of 5 Dice. Attacking a Green unit. First Roll: Green, SoS, SoS, Lore, Flag.

Because of Berserk/Bear rider, they get to reroll the two SoS. It turns into a Flag and another SoS. With just Berserk, you wouldn't roll again. But with Bear riders, you roll the previous SoS again and get another Green. The final result is 1 Lore, 2 Green, 3 SoS, and 2 Flags.

What I think you are trying to say by doubling up is after that first result of 2 SoS, Berserk would allow you a reroll of 2 dice and simultaneously, Bear rider would give you an additional re-roll of 2 more dice for a total of 4 dice rerolled after the initial roll. This does NOT happen as both effects are trying to reroll the same dice at the same time so they are only rerolled once. After the reroll a whole new round triggers and only Bear rider is activating any more rerolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Summers
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perfectly clear to me now. Thank you for taking the time to explain it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.