Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaarin Engelmann
Germany
Stuttgart-Plieningen
BW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex Dunbar, Producer/ Director at Wind Up Films: Just wanted to give everyone an update on the boardgaming documentary as WBC gets closer. The unfortunate news is that we will not have a cut ready for WBC 2012. Unavoidable delays on two other projects were are working on have snowballed into editing delays for "Game On". We have been making a heroic push to try and finish them all up but int he past few weeks we have had to accept that there is no way we could even have a coherent rough cut version of "Game On" ready.

There is a lot of good news however! The script is fantastic and the footage we have rough assembled looks fantastic. Everything I have seen captures the fun, excitement and friendships of WBC. We have been able to find some strong direction to the storyline (Circus Maximus, Ace of Aces, Settlers, Open Gaming and the evening social games all receive a good chunk of time.)

We are also very excited to announce that international recording artists "The Elders" have graciously agreed to provide songs for the soundtrack. They were very interested in the project and thought it was a lot of fun. I would describe their music as Irish inspired rock and we have big plans for how it will be used in the final film.

While not being able to bring a screenable copy to WBC this year is a major disappointment for us, we're looking forward to sharing the final product with everyone. This story is truly something special. From what I have seen of the script and rough footage - the wait will absolutely be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.