Word on the Street» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant - Pyramid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ginny Lockwood
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I'm sure someone else has thought of this but my daughter and I are always looking for 2-player games. We love WOTS but also like to use games to make up other games. We play the old tv show $25,000 Pyramid with the cards.

Lay them out in the classic 6-card pyramid shape - 3 bottom, 2 middle, 1 on top. Starting at the bottom left, one person gives only a list of things that fit the category. For example, the clue is "Green Vegetables" the reader can say, "lima beans, string beans, lettuce, etc." until the guesser guesses the correct category. No hand signals or clarifications can be made just as in Pyramid.

When the other player guesses correctly, you move onto the next card on the bottom and continue up the pyramid. Bottom row is worth $100, second row is $200, top one is $300. You can pass on a card if the guesser is not getting it then come back to it later. We're still playing with the timing but the show uses 60 seconds.

Get all 6 in the allotted time and you win $25,000!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Winter Osterhaus
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, excellent idea of a way to use those category cards. Would you say they all work equally well for the game even though they were not designed for it, or do some of them not work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.