3 Posts

War on Terror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing Oil Theft with Oil Gush (Version I) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chaos Flux
msg tools
Good Afternoon,

Last game there was a dispute regarding the potential affects of oil theft and oil gush being played by the same player in succession.

Can oil theft be used with oil gush to steal all the oil revenue resulting from the bonus oil roll?

Gameplay example:

Player plays oil theft and oil gush treble (x3 bonus roll). The bonus oil roll is played and the number is 7. There are four cities with the number 7. This results in (200x4)x3 or 2,400,000,000 going to the player who played oil theft and oil gush.

Two people at the table said that was unfair, and one got up and left. I argued that the player who played oil theft with oil gush was entitled to all of the oil revenue from the bonus oil roll.

Who is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Off the top of my head I seem to remember that this is how it goes - the oil gush is a card played to create an additional round of payments - it does not replace the 'oil roll at the end of your turn'. The oil theft card explicitly applies to 'the oil roll at the end of your turn'.

I'd say that means you can't use oil theft to take advantage of an oil gush.

Grumbs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornelius Baker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
In V1, the oil theft only applies to the End of Turn oil roll.

In V2, the oil theft card applies to the oil roll WHICH JUST OCCURRED (you play the card POST oil roll.) If this is an oil roll triggered by an oil gush, and someone steals it all, tough luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.