Popular Tags: [View All]
War Nyfitsa
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there guys, i wonder if someone can help me a little bit here:

1) rule 9.5 Combat Result--> Engaged

Both sides must remain in place, except armor/armored cavalry/artillery who can choose to move away. It states that the original attacker should re-fight the battle in his next turn. What about the defender? does he have to fight back? or can he stay still awaiting the attack on the next turn and even maybe reinforce the position with some more troops?

2) page 24 of expansion Rules (1st colored example of play)

in the example the unit retreats to hex 1501 being closest (1 hex away / adjacent) to hex 1401 which is a friendly supply road.
if the unit ended its retreat on hex 1601 it would still be adjacent / 1 hex away from a friendly supply road namely hex 1702, since hex 1602 is covered by the 12 SS ZOC. either retreat route seems equally legal given the retreat rules. why does the rulebook state that the 1501 retreat is the only legal option?

3) rule 31 variable surprise shift

any thoughts on this optional rule? was the standard rule 15 too powerful for the Germans and the decided to even things a little bit with the implementation of ruling 31?

i am asking because the game seems already a bit easier for an experienced ally player and given that fact, i am reluctant to easy things up for the allies even more...

same goes with optional ruling 34

thanks again for your time guys, this is my 2nd attempt at this great game and i want it to be as accurate as possible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Heller
United States
Barrington
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
For the most part, interpreting the rules literally is a safe bet. No, defending units do not have to counterattack and may reinforce the engagement.

When in hex 1502, during its retreat, the closest supply hex is 1401. Retreating to 1501 maintains that proximity, whereas retreating to 1601 does not.

Rules 31 and 34 are not an issue of power. The basic game was mandated by TAHGC, so simplicity for that version was a priority. The Optional Rules are there for realism, and were actually part of the original rules set. Tournament level play is intended to be played with all the bells and whistles.

FYI: I answer whithin minutes or hours on CSW, while not so quickly on BGG, simply because I don't visit it as often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
War Nyfitsa
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot Randy and congrats on making such a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Heller
United States
Barrington
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
My pleasure. If you're going to be at WBC next week, drop by our kiosk and take a look at Bruno's big board version. It's simply amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.