Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nilsen Miller
United States
South Plainfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I looked through the forum and faq and could not find an answer to this question, but it came up briefly, before being reconsidered in a game I played recently. Can you use TE to replace a world using the card that you drew from Settling?

As an example, I have a 3-cost genes world in my tableau, I picked Settle this turn, settle my world, discard to pay for it, and draw a 5-cost genes world for my Settle bonus. Can I use TE to replace the 3-cost genes world with the 5-cost one I just drew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nilslangdonson wrote:
I looked through the forum and faq and could not find an answer to this question, but it came up briefly, before being reconsidered in a game I played recently. Can you use TE to replace a world using the card that you drew from Settling?
yes

nilslangdonson wrote:
As an example, I have a 3-cost genes world in my tableau, I picked Settle this turn, settle my world, discard to pay for it, and draw a 5-cost genes world for my Settle bonus. Can I use TE to replace the 3-cost genes world with the 5-cost one I just drew?
yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes. (The language in the BoW rules about not combining the TE power with other powers or bonuses doesn't prevent you from doing this. The reason bonuses is mentioned is to make it clear that Prestige Settle discounts cannot be applied when calculating cost differentials.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.