Subject: St Lucia: Make tracks to the sea? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FRANCISCO JAVIER RUIZ GOMEZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello:

I have a doubt with the rules of St Lucia.

The island is full of goods to be transported, and these are not located in cities, are located in the middle of the field (plain green hex and river hex).

Sometimes the only way to get a cube is to build a track tile which ends at the sea, in direction towards the outside of the hexagonal grid .....

General Rules of Age ofSteam states that:

"A track may not be built tile so the track That runs off the grid, off the end Either of the gameboard or Into the Gret Lakes"

My questions is:

Is it possible to build tracks in St Lucia so that end in the sea, contradicting the general rules of Age of Steam?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JavideNuln wrote:
Hello:

I have a doubt with the rules of St Lucia.

The island is full of goods to be transported, and these are not located in cities, are located in the middle of the field (plain green hex and river hex).

Sometimes the only way to get a cube is to build a track tile which ends at the sea, in direction towards the outside of the hexagonal grid .....

Do you mean as a result of other builds? Which hexes can't a sharp turn fix this for? Rather than break rules, I'd say you just made your cube inaccessible.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The truth is I've seen enough games maps of St Lucia (the BGG) and none of them see rails in the direction out to sea .....

Now I ask myself the same question with the tracks that are incomplete .... I guess I should continue being built in later turns to keep the player who builds lose ownership of the same, right?

I think a player might decide to stop building a track if you see beyond the hexagon where the track is over no more cubes that interests you carry ..... Or that having these cubes, the cost of extending the tracks is very high (as it may require the use of complex tiles with crosses ...)

All these issues complicate this this version of Age of Steam.....

Unfortunately I have not been able to test this scenario in St Lucia with 2 players. So I limited myself to only play in single player mode, as shown in the following link:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/356097/playing-st-lucia-solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what the rules say.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmb
Just to clarify on these points:

1) You may not build so that a track ends in the ocean.
2) If an incomplete track is not completed on the following turn by its owner, the ownership token is removed.

These are the same as regular AoS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much Ted.

I have to play this scenario immediately ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
Just to clarify on these points:

1) You may not build so that a track ends in the ocean.
2) If an incomplete track is not completed on the following turn by its owner, the ownership token is removed.

These are the same as regular AoS.

Regular AoS requires extension, not completion.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmb
Yep, that's what I meant. Extended, not completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.