Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C. J. Robinson
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Let me first say that I am aware that Paris Connection is not an ideal 2-player game. I totally get it. However, I like train themed games. I also for a variety of reasons only tend to play games with one other person (occasionally I can get someone else to play to make the third person).

I am intrigued by Paris Connection, but I haven't taken the step of purchasing it due to it not being recommended for two people. However, (and please don't think me presumptuous for suggesting a variant without having played the game) would the following variant work?

The third player is a dummy player. For each dummy turn, control is passed between the two players. So the order of play would be Player A, Player B, Dummy played by A, Player A, Player B, Dummy played by B., etc. Since each player is getting back to back plays the play options for the dummy are restricted. Dummy begins play with 10 trains chosen randomly and unknown to the 2 players. On the dummy's turn, the controlling player may add one train to the Dummy's holdings. These are openly displayed to the 2 players and are limited to a maximum of 10. Alternately, on the dummy's turn, a player may play 1-3 trains on any route.

That's it. Is it do-able? Or should I just cross Paris Connection off my want list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so players alternately get double building turns, but what possible motivation do they have to give the dummy player good shares? It would really only be used to dump a cube to keep it away from the other player.

The point of the game is to manage different people's motivations to improve railways and manipulate the shares they hold to take advantage of this. The dummy player doesn't do any of this.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.