Subject: Paladin Imba... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so the other day we plaid a session of WoW.

And i the mid game i saw that the Paladin with all expansions in play is way to powerful...

So This guy has:
Concentration Aura (Energy cost lowered by 1)

Aura Mastery (one team Character can have the above aura)

Lay on Hands (which is now cost only 1 mana cause of the Aura and to be even cruel if you have horde pala you gain that 1 mana back...)

Cleanse - Remove Stun/Curse Tokens(For Free with the Aura)

Holy Light /w Improved Holy Light (1 energy gain 3 HP Back)

Flash Of Light (For Free with Aura - gain 1 HP back)

and the killer of all the Talent Spiritual Focus (allows you to do Holy Light & Flash Of Light twice per combat round.

so in each Combat Round the pala can heal 8 HP & remove all curse/Stun tokens and all that with 2 Energy/Combat Round...

So why should i continue to play the board game if a player chooses Paladin? we should concider the gave over from the start and the player who choose pala is the winner...

and don't let me start saying about combos Pala/hunter Pala/Mage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarir Khosh Vadoud
msg tools
The paladin might seem powerful at first glance, but it's definitely not because of the powers you listed.

You just listed 5 powers with absolutely no offensive capabilities. That paladin would have been one of the worst paladins I have seen, even in 3 vs. 3. So many defensive powers is a waste because healing/friendly buffs are overrated in the board game. In The Burning Crusade expansion you level faster than the original board game, which means everyone get their health/energy back after 1 or 2 fights.
Once you start doing level 5/6 outlands quests it tends to say "You will regain all health/energy once you completed the quest.".

However, their level 5 talent "Conviction" is extremely powerful if you aren't fighting any monsters with "You may not spot [RED] dice".

I actually see the paladin as one of the most balanced heroes in the game and perhaps less powerful than Mage, Hunter, Priest and Warlock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I din't say that those where the only powers...

i just think that the early almost free healing abilities is a little unbalancing.

it doesn't feels right to be able to do healing with so few energy!

one other question

Cards that say opponent or participating opponent stand for PVP or/and for PVE??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If it says "Character" or "enemy" it means PVP. If it says "opponent" it depends on context. "For each opponent..." effects are usually analagous to AoEs. Typically if it says something like "Remove dice pool, sacrifice 1 HP to deal 1 HP" type things, context points to PvP.

As Zarir pointed out, healing in this game isn't very necessary, since you level up so much. Without offensive spells, you're just sitting on your thumbs while stealing the half/sixth (1 vs 2, 2 vs 3) of the EXP someone else is earning. (Though you do still have a few dice from the weapons).

The end-game bosses also punish you for removing Stun/Curse tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remorseless Attacks - Rogue Talent

Place 2 Hit tokens each time a participating opponent is defeated.

Cheap Shot - Rogue Power

Lower the Threat value of each opponent by 1 until the end of your attack phase.

What about the above? is it for players or monsters or both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Both. PvE occasionally has multiple opponents. Mostly Scarlet Crusaders. Occasionally, group quests with a red and green high strength monster. For dungeons, the minions are not opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dekoulis
Greece
Palaio Faliro, Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Guys!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.