Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium» Forums » General

Subject: Playing without the four takeover cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelfwear
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that you can play RvI with take overs turned off, but do you still include the four takeover ability giving cards in the game or remove them? And if I house rule to remove them does would it unbalance the game/scoring of points at the end? Any experiences?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelfwear wrote:
but do you still include the four takeover ability giving cards in the game or remove them?

Yes, you keep them in, they were balanced with both takeovers off and on in mind.

Shelfwear wrote:
And if I house rule to remove them does would it unbalance the game/scoring of points at the end? Any experiences?

I don't have any experience with it, but i imagine losing the 2 military 6devs would make a significant difference for military strategies. I recall reading on these forums of at least one person who has tried it, if you dig around.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelfwear
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast reply!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
Shelfwear wrote:
but do you still include the four takeover ability giving cards in the game or remove them?

Yes, you keep them in, they were balanced with both takeovers off and on in mind.

Shelfwear wrote:
And if I house rule to remove them does would it unbalance the game/scoring of points at the end? Any experiences?

I don't have any experience with it, but i imagine losing the 2 military 6devs would make a significant difference for military strategies. I recall reading on these forums of at least one person who has tried it, if you dig around.
In addition to losing the points one would get from Rebel Alliance and Imperium Seat, those cards also provide some decent engine. Well, IS is less influential (some scoffed thinking it should've been +2 strength), but I will say that +1 military strength vs. REBEL worlds has surprisingly been helpful.

With RA, those who understand Contact Specialist and later on, Rebel Cantina realize that while it can suck to have to pay ALOT of wealth for the expensive military worlds, the flexibility in at least being able to place such expensive worlds can be a life saver (especially in those "money is no object" situations... high yield military worlds can be 6-costs all their own), while low costing military worlds are useful for engine or goals. Well... RA allows you to build Rebel military worlds a la "pfmw" (pay for military world) power, which you may not have otherwise, adding to the military strategy. Even nicer if you combine RA with Rebel Pact, Replicant Robots, Colony Ship, or Doomed World.

Imperium Cloaking Tech is the only card up to this exp that allows u to use military to place non-military worlds, so it opens up a military world of options there (pun intended ). It combines well with "pfms" cards like Space Mercenaries or Rebel Convict Miners to get what you need to place worlds for free. Last but not least, u can screw with other players' perception of tableau progress, as you can discard that and something like New Military Tactics to actually go -1 on your tableau
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.