$10.00
Doug Adams
Canada
flag msg tools
It seems clear that if multiple creeping death cards are used several or all of the monsters in the dungeon could be captured. When the card(s) are played, does the active player first have to announce the monster he is attacking and suffer the battle effects of that monster. Or is this a global effect that occurs before an attack is announced. Could the active player remove several of the monsters by this method and then actually attack one of the new monsters that populates the hall when they are removed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyne Tarse
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Dungeon effects are used before battle takes place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Canada
flag msg tools
So then I can repopulate the hall and attack one of the new monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Canada
flag msg tools
What do you mean "I have to?"
If I only removed one of the monsters in the hall in that fashion, only one new monster would repopulate the hall. Could I not still decide to attack one of the pre-existing monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
dadams3 wrote:
If I only removed one of the monsters in the hall in that fashion, only one new monster would repopulate the hall. Could I not still decide to attack one of the pre-existing monsters?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
dadams3 wrote:

Sorry, thought you were asking what happens if you remove all monsters in the hall with Creeping Death.

Yes, you must attack A monster, but it can be a new one or an old one since Creeping Death happens before you declare your target of battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks Ken, that helps a lot. I think I just won my argument with my son-in-law. However, getting him to admit it might be another fight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.