Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second playing of this scenario went much faster than the first (about 20 minutes per turn) and I don't think I made too many rules errors(of course with only one player, who knows?)

So far I really like the game and "get" most of the rules. I need to play a scenario that uses all of the rules now that I have the basics down.

This second run, unlike the first, saw the Germans crushed. they captured a couple of the minor victory hexes, but did not get past the entrance to the Crimea.

My strategy was simple-send every available force to shore up the defense in the South as capturing the 2 hexes leading to the Crimea is necessary for a German victory. it was tough getting the reinforcements there as they had to pass through many enemy zones of control and stop, but eventually they arrived and caused the Germans to necessarily split their attack and thus lose valuable time.

I don't know if this is "gamey", but would like to hear other folks' opinion of the strategy and any alternatives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I think the Germans can neutralize the Crimean fortifications quickly if they use all air support on their first segment.

Otherwise, I think this scenario will come down to the 12 step casualty provision. I don't know how the Germans avoid that, except to avoid making too many attacks. The Soviets, for their part, should attack just to inflict possible losses, which they will have to do anyway if only to get rid of the 4 Mandated Attacks. I think the scenario often will be won or lost based on Axis casualties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.