Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip von Doomula
United States
Gray
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any word on a reprint for Europe Engulfed? I don't even see this on the P500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fralish
United States
Yorktown Heights
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere between highly unlikely and not going to happen. I heard from Rick Young that he is working something similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Gray
ME
flag msg tools
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
fralim wrote:
Somewhere between highly unlikely and not going to happen. I heard from Rick Young that he is working something similar.

That is unfortunate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:
fralim wrote:

That is unfortunate.

Not a bad news story. It won't be reprinted in its current form, but he wants to tinker with the design and make the game a bit faster-playing then publish. So in the meantime, it's the used market for EE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:
he wants to tinker with the design and make the game a bit faster-playing then publish.

- What's new Leonardo?
- Well, basically I want to repaint the Mona Lisa to make her look more like Lady Gaga. I think that is the right direction.

I dunno. Can EE really get better by being faster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Gray
ME
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taragalinas wrote:
mcszarka wrote:
he wants to tinker with the design and make the game a bit faster-playing then publish.

- What's new Leonardo?
- Well, basically I want to repaint the Mona Lisa to make her look more like Lady Gaga. I think that is the right direction.

I agree with this statement. What's the point of making a very good game as is play faster? The game time does not scare me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Look here and comment if interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zhe Leng
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
taragalinas wrote:
mcszarka wrote:

- What's new Leonardo?

It may not. But I feel that an excellent game that is difficult to get on table because of the time commitment is worse than the faster one that has no significant playability disadvantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
lengzhe wrote:
taragalinas wrote:
mcszarka wrote:

- What's new Leonardo?

It may not. But I feel that an excellent game that is difficult to get on table because of the time commitment is worse than the faster one that has no significant playability disadvantage.

Completely agree with you there. A game with lackluster gameplay that can be played frequently is better than a perfect game that can never be played because it takes too long or is too complicated.

Still disappointed to see EE out of print though. It's a playable classic even if it doesn't live up to the designer's original expectation of an 8 hour game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.