$10.00
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on page 21 of the 2nd edition rulebook state, under INFLUENCING HEXES:

At the end of the Combat Phase, if you have at least one Ship in a hex that has no population, remove the previous controller’s Influence Disc (returning it to his Influence Track). After this, you may place your own Influence Disc there. Also, if at the end of the Combat Phase your Ship is in a hex without an Influence Disc, you may place a disc there.

I have bolded the pertinent section.

So, after the Combat Phase: Is it the case that any player who has one or more ships in a hex with no Influence Disc can place an Influence Disc there?

We've been playing that you can do so... Since it's RAW - and it also makes thematic sense (because you have ships there to drop off a contingent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can do it. I often move my starting interceptor to a hex I want add an influence disk to.

If you want more info, question has been asked in a couple of other threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks. We've been playing correctly then.

I did search a bit to find the question - seems my searching was a bit crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying

Berlin
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the rule has interesting strategic applications, such as
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/832483/grey-planet-hopping-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.