Subject: Values of Yellow and Red Chips in Original Yahtzee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Boyle
United States
Belzoni
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I recently purchased a used Yahtzee game at a yard sale and it had the yellow and red chips plus the original score sheets that did not have the places for check marks for extra Yahtzees.

Can anybody tell me if the yellow and red chips have different point values. I was thinking of two possibilities:
1. A yellow chip was for the first Yahtzee (worth 50 points) that can be put on the sheet) with the reds 100.
2. If you get another Yahtzee after you scored the first, a chip of one color was used if the Yahtzee was put in the Upper Section, the other color for a Yahtzee in the lower section.

If anyone has an answer, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The red and yellow chips were purely decorative, with no values assigned to them. Some other sets have only one color of chips, with no change in rules. (I particularly like the 40th Anniversary sets, with the big chips that say "Yahtzee" on them.)

Of course you could always temporarily assign values to the chips, 1 red = 5 yellows or something like that, if two players or more have 5 Yahtzees, but that would be a rather extraordinary game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.