$10.00
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghargh wrote:


I need to know what that animal is - it's so very sweet!

Not Grumpy Cat - the other one. Grumpy Cat is just plain awesome. See?

24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mb
Aenea wrote:
Jocab wrote:
Aenea wrote:
And I'm sorry for being quiet, I am reading:



Any good?


So far, yes! Any book that is hard to put down for reals, is!


Nice... I'll look it up!
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stumbled upon this heartwarming Thai life insurance video with English subs.


23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning everyone! I have a question- I am trying to find someone to sit down with to play Lord of the Rings, LCG. What might be an easy way to find such a person?
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Welcome Sean and Adam!
The animal is called quokka, it's a marsupial

Edit: An short article about the quokka:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/meet-the-happiest-anim...
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghargh wrote:
Welcome Sean and Adam!
The animal is called quokka, it's a marsupial

Edit: An short article about the quokka:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/meet-the-happiest-anim...


*cough*


Ahem....
22 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
brdk18 wrote:
Good morning everyone! I have a question- I am trying to find someone to sit down with to play Lord of the Rings, LCG. What might be an easy way to find such a person?


My local games cafe has an LCG night (that I keep missing for various reasons); but failing something so obvious, you could try asking around in your FLGS, or trying the Fantasy Flight forums?
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise


Welcome to FTL - come pull up a chair and join the gaming party laugh


Pulling up a chair too...

Seems like a (mostly sane?) fun bunch of folk...



Welcome!!!!
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
Did someone break the subscription notifier again?


I wish they would fix it - I thought you lot were being uber quiet
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Well thanks for the hospitality!

Since there's no real conversation between my first post, I'll start by talking about myself.

I am 31, married with 2 kids.

My wife hates boardgames, mostly because she doesn't want to exert the effort to learn something new when there's other things she's interested in.

I play alot with my son and daughter who are 6 and 3. Candyland, Hi Ho Cherrio, Don't Spill the Beans, etc. When she naps though my son and I will play Carcassonne, King of Tokyo, Forbidden Island.

I am a big Star Wars fan. Started Doctor Who two years ago and have caught up.

Love punk, but enjoy all types of music.

Big movie fan, especially documentaries.

Old school comics and video games fan.

Originally from New York, live in Texas.



Hmmm... a long list of geeky qualifications. Welcome to the thread, and hope you enjoy your stay!
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Jack
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GO BUCKS!!

Big basketball win over the foes from up north.

I'm officially a happy man for the rest of the day laugh
20 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
Aenea wrote:
swampers wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Nah, just kidding!


So confused...


Then you fit right in!



Watch out for this kitty cat...she SNEAKSES!!!!!


I love kitty cats.



kiss


Awwww, thank you!



Is that a sneakily cute kitteh putting a sleeper hold on his buddy?



Very cute.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So no gaming AGAIN today. All friends cancelled. Suggested playing something 2 player with the mr but he didn't seem interested. Means I've had no gaming since the start of December soblue
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

But seriously, Sean: you caught up on all 33 seasons of Doctor Who in just 2 years? Impressive!


Oops. I meant New Who. blush

They just put up some select episodes from classic Who on Netflix and I finished watching those last night!

Now I'm a Tom Baker fan!

Is there some Doctor Who hate around here?


Welcome to FTL!

Hate is such a strong word...but in this case, it is merited!

Well, OK. No hate from this guy, but not a rabid fan, either.

Personally, I am a bit of an anime fan, but not all anime. As with most television, there are some great stories that have been turned into great productions.

Anything related to Ghost in the Shell are probalby good examples of well done hard sci-fi stories, with some interesting characters.

My .02...
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brdk18 wrote:
Good morning everyone! I have a question- I am trying to find someone to sit down with to play Lord of the Rings, LCG. What might be an easy way to find such a person?


I am no help at all, Big Gamer
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Moose. The press around Denver was walking on air, until it all came unraveled.

I was afraid of this. Denver was able to win 11 games versus teams that were all pretty much in slumps, and in most cases near the bottom of their resptective divisions.

If Manning plays another year or two, we'll do better, but the team needs to get their defense tuned up!

Sorry that your Pack got badly handled. Time to commiserate.

But, the truncated NHL season begins for the Avs on the 22nd. I will officially be able to turn on the TV and paint some figs in the basement game cave!

Go Avs!

21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MadBrad wrote:

Welcome to FTL!

Hate is such a strong word...but in this case, it is merited!

Well, OK. No hate from this guy, but not a rabid fan, either.

Personally, I am a bit of an anime fan, but not all anime. As with most television, there are some great stories that have been turned into great productions.

Anything related to Ghost in the Shell are probalby good examples of well done hard sci-fi stories, with some interesting characters.

My .02...


I agree there are some ups and downs to Who. I am an anime fan as well but have not been keeping up with it. Used to watch Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Tenchi Muyo. I try to go with "deeper" anime so things like Grave of the Fireflies, Metropolis, Akira, and Miyazaki.

Have you seen Riki-Oh? It's tagged as one of the goriest martial arts films in existence and is like a live action anime!
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MadBrad wrote:
Mr. Moose. The press around Denver was walking on air, until it all came unraveled.

I was afraid of this. Denver was able to win 11 games versus teams that were all pretty much in slumps, and in most cases near the bottom of their resptective divisions.

If Manning plays another year or two, we'll do better, but the team needs to get their defense tuned up!

Sorry that your Pack got badly handled. Time to commiserate.

But, the truncated NHL season begins for the Avs on the 22nd. I will officially be able to turn on the TV and paint some figs in the basement game cave!

Go Avs!



Don't feel too bad, the Cowboys were miserable this year.

But yay to hockey! Can see my Stars hopefully do something on this short schedule! Can't wait for them to get going again.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
MadBrad wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

But seriously, Sean: you caught up on all 33 seasons of Doctor Who in just 2 years? Impressive!


Oops. I meant New Who. blush

They just put up some select episodes from classic Who on Netflix and I finished watching those last night!

Now I'm a Tom Baker fan!

Is there some Doctor Who hate around here?


Welcome to FTL!

Hate is such a strong word...but in this case, it is merited!

Well, OK. No hate from this guy, but not a rabid fan, either.

Personally, I am a bit of an anime fan, but not all anime. As with most television, there are some great stories that have been turned into great productions.

Anything related to Ghost in the Shell are probalby good examples of well done hard sci-fi stories, with some interesting characters.

My .02...

Soooo... How about a Doctor Who anime?



No, it's not a real thing. But it looks great.
22 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
And here are the promised pictures from yesterday's game of Mord im Arosa.

Daniel checking for evidence, hoping he won't find his own blue cubes.


Right here, I'm checking to see whether Daniel left any evidence. Looks like my CSI unit had a field day.


Right after that, Carlotta checked for more evidence against Daniel. And look at that:


Final tally: Daniel (blue) is definitely our killer. Carlotta (white) appears to have been near the scene of the crimes, but not involved. And myself (grey)? I wasn't even there!
25 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:

Soooo... How about a Doctor Who anime?


I would totally watch that.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
So no gaming AGAIN today. All friends cancelled. Suggested playing something 2 player with the mr but he didn't seem interested. Means I've had no gaming since the start of December soblue


This is a sad state of affairs. Many sad faces of sympathy for you
shakesoblue
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Buster fan!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else having problems with subscriptions? soblue
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:
Anyone else having problems with subscriptions? soblue


They seem to be down for all.
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
So no gaming AGAIN today. All friends cancelled. Suggested playing something 2 player with the mr but he didn't seem interested. Means I've had no gaming since the start of December soblue


This is a sad state of affairs. Many sad faces of sympathy for you
shakesoblue


Thank you!! It makes me sad
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  926 , 927 , 928 , 929 , 930  Next »  [999] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.