Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
So no gaming AGAIN today. All friends cancelled. Suggested playing something 2 player with the mr but he didn't seem interested. Means I've had no gaming since the start of December soblue

This is a sad state of affairs. Many sad faces of sympathy for you
shakesoblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Buster fan!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else having problems with subscriptions? soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:

They seem to be down for all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
So no gaming AGAIN today. All friends cancelled. Suggested playing something 2 player with the mr but he didn't seem interested. Means I've had no gaming since the start of December soblue

This is a sad state of affairs. Many sad faces of sympathy for you
shakesoblue

Thank you!! It makes me sad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
MadBrad wrote:

Welcome to FTL!

Hate is such a strong word...but in this case, it is merited!

Well, OK. No hate from this guy, but not a rabid fan, either.

Personally, I am a bit of an anime fan, but not all anime. As with most television, there are some great stories that have been turned into great productions.

Anything related to Ghost in the Shell are probalby good examples of well done hard sci-fi stories, with some interesting characters.

My .02...

I agree there are some ups and downs to Who. I am an anime fan as well but have not been keeping up with it. Used to watch Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Tenchi Muyo. I try to go with "deeper" anime so things like Grave of the Fireflies, Metropolis, Akira, and Miyazaki.

Have you seen Riki-Oh? It's tagged as one of the goriest martial arts films in existence and is like a live action anime!

Grave of the Fireflys was well done, but depressing beyond belief.I have not seen Metropolis, but I love the original film!

A Dr. Who anime...might be interesting.

Whoever gets a good start on the NHL season can do well, the short season will not allow the luxury of a slump of any kind. Teams have to come out of the gate, and play hard all season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:

I just keep checking back now and again and seeing what is what. I'm currently finishing off what I started in June last year. Adding my boyfriends games to my "games owned". After all when we moved in together last year everything became "ours"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
n00bs wrote:

I just keep checking back now and again and seeing what is what. I'm currently finishing off what I started in June last year. Adding my boyfriends games to my "games owned". After all when we moved in together last year everything became "ours"

Nice. Did you 'gain' any good ones?

I'm just refreshing every now and again on this thread; currently trying to come up with my first geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
n00bs wrote:

Nice. Did you 'gain' any good ones?

I'm just refreshing every now and again on this thread; currently trying to come up with my first geeklist.

Oh yes many!! Dawn Under, Arkham Horror, Ghost Stories....

I'm being good tho, I am rating and commenting on the ones I have played (If I remember them!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
MadBrad wrote:
Mr. Moose. The press around Denver was walking on air, until it all came unraveled.

I was afraid of this. Denver was able to win 11 games versus teams that were all pretty much in slumps, and in most cases near the bottom of their resptective divisions.

If Manning plays another year or two, we'll do better, but the team needs to get their defense tuned up!

Sorry that your Pack got badly handled. Time to commiserate.

But, the truncated NHL season begins for the Avs on the 22nd. I will officially be able to turn on the TV and paint some figs in the basement game cave!

Go Avs!

That reminds me I must *ahem* fix me not haveing the channel where the Flyers plays there games for this season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
MadBrad wrote:
MadBrad wrote:

Welcome to FTL!

Personally, I am a bit of an anime fan, but not all anime. As with most television, there are some great stories that have been turned into great productions.

Anything related to Ghost in the Shell are probalby good examples of well done hard sci-fi stories, with some interesting characters.

My .02...

I agree there are some ups and downs to Who. I am an anime fan as well but have not been keeping up with it. Used to watch Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Tenchi Muyo. I try to go with "deeper" anime so things like Grave of the Fireflies, Metropolis, Akira, and Miyazaki.

Have you seen Riki-Oh? It's tagged as one of the goriest martial arts films in existence and is like a live action anime!

Grave of the Fireflys was well done, but depressing beyond belief.I have not seen Metropolis, but I love the original film!

Whoever gets a good start on the NHL season can do well, the short season will not allow the luxury of a slump of any kind. Teams have to come out of the gate, and play hard all season.

it's not a full 84 game season so they really need to just get to the play-off and then it's anybodys game I would say, espacally if they get a hot streak towards the end of the season.

Also after the lock-out I think we'll see a few more games in Europe next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MadBrad wrote:
Mr. Moose. The press around Denver was walking on air, until it all came unraveled.

I was afraid of this. Denver was able to win 11 games versus teams that were all pretty much in slumps, and in most cases near the bottom of their resptective divisions.

If Manning plays another year or two, we'll do better, but the team needs to get their defense tuned up!

Sorry that your Pack got badly handled. Time to commiserate.

But, the truncated NHL season begins for the Avs on the 22nd. I will officially be able to turn on the TV and paint some figs in the basement game cave!

Go Avs!

"Badly handled" is kind of you. They got squashed. At least the Seahawks got beat by their crooked coaches attempt at icing the kicker.

THERE WILL BE INTERMITTENT DOWNTIMES TO FIX THE SUBSCRIPTIONS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:

Soooo... How about a Doctor Who anime?

I would totally watch that.

gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
MadBrad wrote:
MadBrad wrote:

Welcome to FTL!

My .02...

it's not a full 84 game season so they really need to just get to the play-off and then it's anybodys game I would say, espacally if they get a hot streak towards the end of the season.

Saw an interview with Tikkomen who admitted that most of the players are not close to being in shape. If I were the NHL, I'd mandate 1/2 price tickets until the fans are offered excellent hockey once again.

They may even be so out of shape they won't be able to fight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
virre wrote:
MadBrad wrote:
MadBrad wrote:

Welcome to FTL!

My .02...

Saw an interview with Tikkomen who admitted that most of the players are not close to being in shape. If I were the NHL, I'd mandate 1/2 price tickets until the fans are offered excellent hockey once again.

They may even be so out of shape they won't be able to fight

It may be fun to see a bunch of out of shape guys playing! I just hope this doesn't kill the popularity of the NHL since it was fragile to begin with. (At least in Texas)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of anime and metropolis I was at the AMV awards when this premiered and won that year. Speechless and beautiful. I bought the movie the next day and its one of my all time favorites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
brdk18 wrote:
Good morning everyone! I have a question- I am trying to find someone to sit down with to play Lord of the Rings, LCG. What might be an easy way to find such a person?

My local games cafe has an LCG night (that I keep missing for various reasons); but failing something so obvious, you could try asking around in your FLGS, or trying the Fantasy Flight forums?

I tried calling both local shops.... both were NOT helpful. I looked through the FFG forums and was unsuccessful! I really want to play this game, but am having the hardest time trying to figure it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mb
Orangemoose wrote:

THERE WILL BE INTERMITTENT DOWNTIMES TO FIX THE SUBSCRIPTIONS

Nice, then people will panic at the Google Groups forums again! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
We're back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocab wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
madmaggie wrote:
Sorry to hear about your mom big jay. I hope everything is ok.

Thank you so much everyone, the docs are extremely confident she'll be fine, as Dave and I wrestled her down and dragged her into the hospital lol.

She grew up when Canada didn't have universal health care, (she's 66, so up til she was a young teen). Tough to get rid of old habits!

I've NO idea how you folks deal down south. My brother would've cost over $2 million (ie he would have died), and my mom in for a week, it'd break us.

You should all move up here. We'd play more games that way too. And all your figs would get painted.

Pharmacy drugs are free at 65 too! We're working on the recreational stuff.

Just sayin!

Move here now!!!!! meeple

Glad your mother is better again! In Denmark (and most of europe, I guess) we have free healthcare as well!

Maybe it's RSP, but I consider previous posts on that topic already being RSP.
We have free healthcare. And I don't like it. I'm adherent of "free" (as there's nothing free) base healthcare - saving live after accidents. Other treatment goes from your pocket - savings, private insurance, charutable collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RSP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
Cape Coral
Florida
flag msg tools
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
badge
More Games Need ORANGE!
mbmbmbmbmb
brdk18 wrote:
swampers wrote:
brdk18 wrote:
Good morning everyone! I have a question- I am trying to find someone to sit down with to play Lord of the Rings, LCG. What might be an easy way to find such a person?

My local games cafe has an LCG night (that I keep missing for various reasons); but failing something so obvious, you could try asking around in your FLGS, or trying the Fantasy Flight forums?

I tried calling both local shops.... both were NOT helpful. I looked through the FFG forums and was unsuccessful! I really want to play this game, but am having the hardest time trying to figure it out!

Really wish I could help you out, maybe even over the phone or by vid call or something. I know you've been struggling with this. Maybe I can somehow make a tutorial for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
RSP?

Religion, Sex & Politics. There is a special forum here, which is the only place these topics are considered acceptable on BGG.

Moin, moin!

Been avoid FLT, Facebook and the world for a week. Dealing with my father's death half a world away. I haven't been home for over 12 years and probably never will go back again, so it's a bit tough going through such things alone.

Welcome Swampers, BTW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocab wrote:
I did it!!!

mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb

Congratz!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise

Welcome to the FTL thread! As da Ork allready said: Do what you like to do!

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise

Welcome to FTL - come pull up a chair and join the gaming party laugh

Pulling up a chair too...

Seems like a (mostly sane?) fun bunch of folk...

Welcome?

But sane? Really? Sane? Why do you think that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  927 , 928 , 929 , 930 , 931  Next »  [999] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.