$3.00
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
RSP?
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
Cape Coral
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
brdk18 wrote:
swampers wrote:
brdk18 wrote:
Good morning everyone! I have a question- I am trying to find someone to sit down with to play Lord of the Rings, LCG. What might be an easy way to find such a person?


My local games cafe has an LCG night (that I keep missing for various reasons); but failing something so obvious, you could try asking around in your FLGS, or trying the Fantasy Flight forums?


I tried calling both local shops.... both were NOT helpful. I looked through the FFG forums and was unsuccessful! I really want to play this game, but am having the hardest time trying to figure it out!


Really wish I could help you out, maybe even over the phone or by vid call or something. I know you've been struggling with this. Maybe I can somehow make a tutorial for you?
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
RSP?


Religion, Sex & Politics. There is a special forum here, which is the only place these topics are considered acceptable on BGG.

Moin, moin!

Been avoid FLT, Facebook and the world for a week. Dealing with my father's death half a world away. I haven't been home for over 12 years and probably never will go back again, so it's a bit tough going through such things alone.

Welcome Swampers, BTW.
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocab wrote:
I did it!!!

mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb
mbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmb


Congratz!
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise


Welcome to the FTL thread! As da Ork allready said: Do what you like to do!

Enjoy!
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise


Welcome to FTL - come pull up a chair and join the gaming party laugh


Pulling up a chair too...

Seems like a (mostly sane?) fun bunch of folk...


Welcome?

But sane? Really? Sane? Why do you think that?

19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Moin moin! What is everyone doing? I'm cleaning and then pathfinder!


I'm gonna watch part 2 of "The Devil's Whore" (or The Devil's Mistress as it has been called in one country, guess which!). I found out about it after researching This Accursed Civil War...


They say the english title of Fucking Åmål was Show me love due to outside scandiavia not haveing Å but I have serious doubts, that said it's a good movie go see it





I need to watch the movie again. The only time I saw it was in Prague. I knew very little Swedish, so I had to read the Czech subtitles.
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

But seriously, Sean: you caught up on all 33 seasons of Doctor Who in just 2 years? Impressive!


Oops. I meant New Who. blush

They just put up some select episodes from classic Who on Netflix and I finished watching those last night!

Now I'm a Tom Baker fan!

Is there some Doctor Who hate around here?


No. Only Doctor Who love and Andy.
24 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
Aenea wrote:
madmaggie wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
swampers wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Nh, just kidding!


So confused...


whistle



Both
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
and
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


Welcome!


Hope you stick around!


Welcome swampers and chicken fryed! If you ask me, you chose a good thread to hang out in. Lots of fun people, weird stories, interesting discussions, but lots of love!!!

Hi!!!


Don't forget the aliens, the turtles and the moose!


Is that the crazy dancing turtle?? I LOVE that avatar!


Nope, the dancing turle is the hobbit.
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
MadBrad wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:

But seriously, Sean: you caught up on all 33 seasons of Doctor Who in just 2 years? Impressive!


Oops. I meant New Who. blush

They just put up some select episodes from classic Who on Netflix and I finished watching those last night!

Now I'm a Tom Baker fan!

Is there some Doctor Who hate around here?


Welcome to FTL!

Hate is such a strong word...but in this case, it is merited!

Well, OK. No hate from this guy, but not a rabid fan, either.

Personally, I am a bit of an anime fan, but not all anime. As with most television, there are some great stories that have been turned into great productions.

Anything related to Ghost in the Shell are probalby good examples of well done hard sci-fi stories, with some interesting characters.

My .02...

Soooo... How about a Doctor Who anime?



No, it's not a real thing. But it looks great.


This reminds me of another anime I wanted to watch: Supernatural. Has anybody seen it yet? Is it good?
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning thriends! I had a hoopy weekend full of gaming.

It all started with a game of Perpetual-Motion Machine that I played with Katja. Than I went to a gaming meeting where I played Quarriors! (first time I saw a shared victory), Keyflower (great Euro), Galapa Go! (slightly broken children game), Core Worlds (great deckbuilder and I suppose the next game I will buy) and Thunderstone Advance. We played Thunderstone with the new coop option but it did not work to well since the cards were not designed with coop-play in mind. On Sunday Katja and I played two more games of Perpetual Motion Mashine and three games of Legendary (nice Ascension-Thunderstone-mix). Later we played Kakerlakenpoker Royal (good game but not for 2p) and Wanzen tanzen (our favorite Yahtzee-clone).
25 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Moin moin!

Had a fun Saturday gaming with a deployed family. Taught them my dice game and then we played Escape: The Curse of the Temple a few times. The clincher was Lords of Waterdeep!

So it was a 4-player game. One player (Amy) was new to the game. My wife and Melissa were not. Let me fast forward to round 8. At the start of round 8, my wife was first, I was 2 points behind her, and Melissa was 2 points behind me. So the score was very close (except Amy who was 15+ points back).

I'll cover the last 2 Agent placements. Melissa has one final quest, but needs two black Rogues. The normal space was already taken. So she goes to the Builders Hall and purchases the building for 4 Gold that gives two black Rogues when purchased. Next, my wife blocks her and steals the two black rogues. But Melissa gets one black Rogue as the owner; still one black Rogue short. I need only one orange Fighter to complete my last quest. Then, I go to Waterdeep Harbor and play an Intrigue card that allows me to discard a building under my control that has no Agent and replace it with a building from the Builders Hall. I discard the a building and replace it with the building that gives one orange Fighter, one black Rogue, and two Gold.

Melissa uses her last Agent to activate my building to get her last black Rogue to finish her quest. As the owner, I chose to receive one orange Fighter so I could complete my last quest. My wife goes to Waterdeep Harbor and gives me a Mandatory Quest that needs two white Clerics, which I did not have! That was the only Mandatory Quest that was played the entire game! And we were fishing for for Intrigue cards a lot.

Finally, my wife and I resolve our Agents at Waterdeep Harbor. I can do nothing so I go to a building tile and collect 8 Gold. My wife goes to Cliffwatch Inn and resets the Quests because she's sitting on like 8 Adventurers with no active Quests. A Quest requiring 5 Adventurers and 4 Gold come up and it has a reward of 20 points. And my wife has the resources to complete it! Plus it was one of her Lord's bonus quest categories! She was so nice and friendly during the game, and them BAM! She kills me at the end with the most devious play ever!!! It also gave her the win BTW.
26 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een kleine boefje
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kids, good morning.

I will turn 38 on thursday... zombie
25 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelete wrote:
Kids, good morning.

I will turn 38 on thursday... zombie


Life begins at 38!
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocab wrote:
Gelete wrote:
Kids, good morning.

I will turn 38 on thursday... zombie


Life begins at 38!


But it ends at 40. So use the next years as good as you can.
25 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mb
Originaldibbler wrote:
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise


Welcome to FTL - come pull up a chair and join the gaming party laugh


Pulling up a chair too...

Seems like a (mostly sane?) fun bunch of folk...


Welcome?

But sane? Really? Sane? Why do you think that?


He's new.
He doesn't know better.
26 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise


Welcome to FTL - come pull up a chair and join the gaming party laugh


Pulling up a chair too...

Seems like a (mostly sane?) fun bunch of folk...


Welcome?

But sane? Really? Sane? Why do you think that?


He's new.
He doesn't know better.


Nevertheless it is not a nice thing to call somebody sane. Today he is calling us sane but what about tomorrow? Maybe he will call us normal then... This is not acceptable!
25 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mb
Originaldibbler wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise


Welcome to FTL - come pull up a chair and join the gaming party laugh


Pulling up a chair too...

Seems like a (mostly sane?) fun bunch of folk...


Welcome?

But sane? Really? Sane? Why do you think that?


He's new.
He doesn't know better.


Nevertheless it is not a nice thing to call somebody sane. Today he is calling us sane but what about tomorrow? Maybe he will call us normal then... This is not acceptable!

Normal? surprise



So true...
27 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
Auramine O wrote:
Speaking of anime and metropolis I was at the AMV awards when this premiered and won that year. Speechless and beautiful. I bought the movie the next day and its one of my all time favorites.







Wow! Looks awesome! Have you seen Akira and Ghost in the Shell?

Radziol wrote:

Maybe it's RSP, but I consider previous posts on that topic already being RSP.
We have free healthcare. And I don't like it. I'm adherent of "free" (as there's nothing free) base healthcare - saving live after accidents. Other treatment goes from your pocket - savings, private insurance, charutable collection.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
I wanted to know your opinion on that subject Our free healthcare looks like this - you pay tax to finance the "free" healthcare, but a visit at the, e.g., urologist is scheduled in three months from now (and that's fast, sometimes it's almost a year; I was given an opportunity to go to a dermatologist... in six months....). Effectively you pay two times, because private healthcare works faster and is nicer. OK, lets end this subject here to avoid any controversy
25 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to FTL Adam and Sean. Settle in and enjoy.
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
swampers wrote:
RSP?


Religion, Sex & Politics. There is a special forum here, which is the only place these topics are considered acceptable on BGG.

Moin, moin!

Been avoid FLT, Facebook and the world for a week. Dealing with my father's death half a world away. I haven't been home for over 12 years and probably never will go back again, so it's a bit tough going through such things alone.

Welcome Swampers, BTW.

Sorry to hear Ted. Have a dikke knuffel.
26 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelete wrote:
Kids, good morning.

I will turn 38 on thursday... zombie

Just a brash whippersnapper. Have a great birthday on Thursday.
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
virre wrote:
MadBrad wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
MadBrad wrote:

Welcome to FTL!

Hate is such a strong word...but in this case, it is merited!

Well, OK. No hate from this guy, but not a rabid fan, either.

Personally, I am a bit of an anime fan, but not all anime. As with most television, there are some great stories that have been turned into great productions.

Anything related to Ghost in the Shell are probalby good examples of well done hard sci-fi stories, with some interesting characters.

My .02...


I agree there are some ups and downs to Who. I am an anime fan as well but have not been keeping up with it. Used to watch Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Tenchi Muyo. I try to go with "deeper" anime so things like Grave of the Fireflies, Metropolis, Akira, and Miyazaki.

Have you seen Riki-Oh? It's tagged as one of the goriest martial arts films in existence and is like a live action anime!


Grave of the Fireflys was well done, but depressing beyond belief.I have not seen Metropolis, but I love the original film!

A Dr. Who anime...might be interesting.

Whoever gets a good start on the NHL season can do well, the short season will not allow the luxury of a slump of any kind. Teams have to come out of the gate, and play hard all season.



it's not a full 84 game season so they really need to just get to the play-off and then it's anybodys game I would say, espacally if they get a hot streak towards the end of the season.

Also after the lock-out I think we'll see a few more games in Europe next year.


Saw an interview with Tikkomen who admitted that most of the players are not close to being in shape. If I were the NHL, I'd mandate 1/2 price tickets until the fans are offered excellent hockey once again.

They may even be so out of shape they won't be able to fight


The ones that where in Sweden will certanly not be up or fighting, stupid rules about direct match pentaly for dropping gloves. (so stupid)
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:
swampers wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
Chicken_Fryed_Rice wrote:
Ok I want to wedge myself in to this thread and meet all of these great people, but I'm scared. cry

Are there current storylines going on? Who's sleeping with who? Who shot JR?

Do I really need to go to page 1 and thumb every post on all pages? surprise


Welcome to FTL - come pull up a chair and join the gaming party laugh


Pulling up a chair too...

Seems like a (mostly sane?) fun bunch of folk...


Welcome?

But sane? Really? Sane? Why do you think that?


He's new.
He doesn't know better.


Nevertheless it is not a nice thing to call somebody sane. Today he is calling us sane but what about tomorrow? Maybe he will call us normal then... This is not acceptable!

Normal? surprise



So true...


Concrete graveyards?
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
swampers wrote:
RSP?


Religion, Sex & Politics. There is a special forum here, which is the only place these topics are considered acceptable on BGG.

Moin, moin!

Been avoid FLT, Facebook and the world for a week. Dealing with my father's death half a world away. I haven't been home for over 12 years and probably never will go back again, so it's a bit tough going through such things alone.

Welcome Swampers, BTW.


That must be hard, I am sorry for your loss
23 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  927 , 928 , 929 , 930 , 931  Next »  [999] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.