4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – The Redhorn Gate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Caradhras Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mbmbmb
I managed a victory on my second go last night, however, i wanted to make sure i played this bit correctly:

- I am on stage 3
- Caradhras is the active location
- All my Heroes were committed to the quest due to avalanche being drawn - this led to completion of stage 2
- during the subsequent combat phase i have a snow warg making an undefended attack against Ellodan (Printed willpower=2)
- I am drawn a "Snowstorm" Shadow card which reduces his willpower by 1

My question is: The wording of Caradhras says "all questing characters" get -1 willpower. It does not say, all characters "committed to a quest". So is Ellodan still "questing" when he is taking damage from the warg, and therefore gets willpower 0 at that point?

I played it that he is no longer questing but wanted to check whether the Caradhras effect actually lingers throughout the Combat phase, and would therefore have killed one of my Heroes.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Players that are questing remain questing until the end of the quest phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mbmbmb
Looks like i played it right then. Thanks a lot.

If the Caradhras card said "committed to a quest" instead of "questing" i would not have asked this question. Good old FFG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shrock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Players that are questing remain questing until the end of the quest phase.

Does this mean that when you complete quest card 2B, that any 1 WP characters who were committed to the quest are going to die? My working assumption is yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.