Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know when this happened and why? Or am I just blind ... I can't find it there anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamb2k9 wrote:
Anyone know when this happened and why? Or am I just blind ... I can't find it there anymore.

The iOS version was recently released. My hunch is that with an official release, all non official versions have been requested to be removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
adamb2k9 wrote:

The iOS version was recently released. My hunch is that with an official release, all non official versions have been requested to be removed.

On related notes, Ra, Ingenious, and Puerto Rico have all met the same fate... iOS version means they don't want to be 'competing' with other versions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
wgerken wrote:
adamb2k9 wrote:

On related notes, Ra, Ingenious, and Puerto Rico have all met the same fate... iOS version means they don't want to be 'competing' with other versions

On the contrary, Puerto Rico and Ingenious are still playable on Brettspielwelt. Ra was never an option there as far as I can remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
adamb2k9 wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
wgerken wrote:
adamb2k9 wrote:

On the contrary, Puerto Rico and Ingenious are still playable on Brettspielwelt. Ra was never an option there as far as I can remember.

Ra was certainly an option there years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
adamb2k9 wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
wgerken wrote:
adamb2k9 wrote:

Ra was certainly an option there years ago.
I played Ra years ago as well. In fact I was hoping I could play priest of ra on but Ra wasnt an option let alone Priests Of Ra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do stand corrected. Ra was on BSW a while back, but it was removed along with all other Reiner Knizia games when Knizia decided he was going to charge people to play his games online. I've logged into his site a few times only to find there is nobody to play with. I think that was a mistake for him. Many people used to buy his games after trying them for free on BSW, including myself.

I'm curious what the real reason is for San Juan being removed from BSW. I'm would be surprised if the sole reason was because there is an IOS version. I don't own any Apple products nor do I ever plan to purchase one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamb2k9 wrote:
... I can't find it there anymore.

It has been moved to the archives 3 years ago.
You can go there with the command /manager archiv, or by clicking the Lobby icon in the toolbar.

But note that it's much harder to find players for archive games, since they aren't shown in the main manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! Never mind, I must have been clicking the wrong thing because it's still there .. not even in the archive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamb2k9 wrote:

I'm curious what the real reason is for San Juan being removed from BSW. I'm would be surprised if the sole reason was because there is an IOS version. I don't own any Apple products nor do I ever plan to purchase one.
I don't have any hard numbers available, but Itunes/AppStore is a big marketplace such that even if you don't have such a device (nor many others who would also chime in to the same effect), plenty of other people do.

However, I am confused how with so many games and apps that are available for both PC and iOS, why they couldn't just coexist. AFAIK, people have always been willing to pay for software on an iOS device and use it on the road rather use it for free or the same charge on a full fledged desktop/laptop computer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.