Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

We want to try a street race ... I own the base game + all the 3 official expansions; give me a suggestion please:

what is the best map for street races?

Will play the game for the first time, but all want to try street races!

I forgot ... can I learn only the advancing rules or it is required to learn also the basic ones?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Samford
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you truly are playing for the first time, play a couple games with basic to find your racing style and see how often you car is damaged. From there, move on to advanced rules.

My buddies are the opposite, they don't want to street race and they like the basic rules because they can take more risks and go faster without worrying about a particular part of the car. Seems with their mentality, street racing would be more popular. Besides that, I'd say start with any street track that looks the most fun. I am intrigue with the Docks' layout but I have yet to play that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the advanced rules are needed. I think the best map is race city because it has the most special rules. However, if you just want a simple game then any of the ones without special rules will work better - monaco, sebring, valencia, hockenheim or singapore.

Don't forget to print out the two newest drivers - Pipo and Boris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Chicago is the most fun.
The Docks can be quite hectic too...
*beer*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Draycott
England
flag msg tools
I sometimes use the Formula One cars on the street circuits without using the special rules. It's interesting due to thinner roads and land changes. Just disregard any areas where people e.g. shoot at you, or you have to avoid debris. Race City on the original track is an awesome one to do without special rules. Chicago also.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all!

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.