Subject: Mansions of Madness: Call of the Wild rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
From @thedicetower's twitter feed at gencon:

https://twitter.com/thedicetower/status/236097275892465664/p...

Looks like another big box expansion. I suspect I should recognize the big creatures but not sure what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My initial thoughts are Dunwich Horror and Dark Young.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Young on the left, Dunwich Horror onthe right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, yea now I can see it, I've seen the similar artwork in Arkham Horror enough times now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
i have a dark young in front of me right now and they are huge, much bigger than a shoggoth

heres a pic of my painted shoggoth standing next to a dark young (pre painted) i might repaint the dark young but its actually not a bad paint job.
http://oi48.tinypic.com/34t4vpt.jpg

im guessing this expansion includes new woodland outdoor tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
I think the investigators are:
Mandy Thompson http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=a...
Bob Jenkins http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=a...
and
Minh Thi Phan or Amanda Sharpe http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=a... http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=a...

Edit:
three small monsters:
Goat Spawn
Child of the Goat
Wizard Whaetely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! I guess I'm glad I didn't buy that Dunwich Horror monster.

So since I made custom investigators, I'm really interested in knowing which ones are available in this expansion. I recognize Mandy and Bob. One of them can't be seen... can anyone identify the last one?
Edit: DURR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
looks like a night gaunt in the pic infront of the dark young to.

amanda sharpe is the last investigator i blieve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The investigators are pretty obvious - they're adding those which was originally in Arkham Horror.
So the last four remaining are - Amanda, Bob, Mandy and Monterey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrueLolzor wrote:
The investigators are pretty obvious - they're adding those which was originally in Arkham Horror.

There is just the corner of a fourth investigator stand visible on the far left of the picture, I believe.

Was thinking about picking up MoM soon, so I'm excited to hear how much this expansion is reported to improve the game. Looks like lots of new monsters and investigators at the very least, and I'm hoping it provides some new combat cards like the last one, so that you never get the same card twice in one game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrueLolzor wrote:

WOW. Durr. Somehow I didn't realize that, of course, these should be the remaining four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It was my life, like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was to let it be.
mbmbmbmbmb
They really named two of them Amanda and Mandy? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got two (or four depending on your preference) words for FFG on this baby;

Proofread
Playtest

whistle

Having said that, I'm very excited for a new expansion for MoM, especially with the monsters minis I wanted the most out of the new releases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody K
Australia
Perth
WA
flag msg tools
mb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Was thinking about picking up MoM soon

In case you haven't read the forums, it is generally loathed, as are all the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The good scenarios are great, you just need to weed them out from the bad scenarios. The first three base game scenarios, Yellow Matter from Forbidden Alchemy, and House of Fears are great, `Til Death Do Us Part is decent, and Green-Eyed Boy is good for a couple of plays too; just don't touch Classroom Curses or the Silver Tablet and this is a fine game.

And I have a good feeling about this next expansion. Call me an optimist, but I think it's going to be amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bear
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this gonna be the size of forbidden alchemy or the base set? If someone with a better sense of perspective could deduct this for me..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
from looking at the minis and setting alone, this looks like a much bigger (and probably more epxensive) expansion, i mean you have alot more miniatures in this expansion. alchemy had 8 and this has at least 11 new miniatures and 2 of those are large miniatures. The setting which is mostly outdoors also indicates theres gonig to be more than 2 new tiles as well.

I reckon call of the wild will be a larger expansion and probably close in price to the base game. I have a feeling this is going to add some great new scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh, I almost forgot. I dreamed of Dark Young in Mansions of Madness since the very beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cody_au wrote:

In case you haven't read the forums, it is generally loathed, as are all the expansions.

Well that's exaggerating things a little bit, innit. It's got a 7.53 average score and it's ranked 28 in thematic games. It sounds like it's more of a vocal minority of people who "loathe" the game, or nobody's bothered to change their initial ranking after they suddenly discovered they hated it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An outdoors setting sound really interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
I'm easily the most vocal part of the vocal minority who loathe the game... and I don't actually loathe the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
The good scenarios are great, you just need to weed them out from the bad scenarios. The first three base game scenarios, Yellow Matter from Forbidden Alchemy, and House of Fears are great, `Til Death Do Us Part is decent, and Green-Eyed Boy is good for a couple of plays too; just don't touch Classroom Curses or the Silver Tablet and this is a fine game.
Don't have the Silver Tablet, but Classroom Curses can be easily adjusted into a great scenario, just needs a little imagination and creativity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
margulix
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol i already have dunwich horror, dark young and goatspawn, because they are cool!

So i bet more people will play my custom scenario with this - because Dunwich horror is cool ))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been specifically NOT buying the individual miniatures for this reason (well, that and the fact that I am poor!). I had the feeling they were going to be putting them into the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
There's a conspiracy theory that says this boardgame was created by FFG just to get rid of miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.