$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 107.35

6,678 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a microbadge for fans of Mary Flannery O'Connor to go in the group Literature and Arts » Authors.

Microbadge for Flannery O'Connor:
Over text to read "Flannery O'Connor fan"

 


Quote:
Transparency Test:
 


Here is the photo the badge is based on
 


This is to meet a request posted here: N/A

Let me know what you think, if you don't think its ready please make suggestions.
Poll
Is it ready?
It's ready, submit it.
Not yet (suggestions below).
      7 answers
Poll created by Billythehut
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
tonguepaste wrote:
Proposed Olivia Newton-John fan mb. Comments/criticisms? Hoping I got the background adequately transparent ... My photoshopping skills are rusty!



I cannot figure out how to get it to display here at 16x16!


This is in the submission queue but I don't recall any discussion?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
efilips wrote:
I wanted a microbadge for me an ageing "Gamer dad". I could not find any so I made this.



Mouse over will be "Gamer Dad"

Poll
What do you think should this be approved?
Yes
No
      17 answers
Poll created by efilips




This got approved but the no votes outweigh the yes votes. Did I miss something??

I guess it doesn't matter now as there are 9 buyers but not sure what's happening to the process.
6 
 Thumb up
0.07
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firestarter Girl
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
Started working on this one a few days ago, people suggested I work on it further and smooth it out.

- Original MB design

- smoother design

Loosely based on this slacklining image, for those of you who are not familiar with slacklining -


Any suggestions on the smoother design? Anyone prefer the pixel version?


I'm a fan of slacklining!!

Like the smoother image...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
Munny wrote:
Munny wrote:
Munny wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
jsper wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
jsper wrote:
Munny wrote:
I'll give it a second chance
Category; weird.
Description, A bib with spots


I like it


What's it about? Reminds me of the Kool Aid guy.


Its a bib stained


Baby bib? Any particular reason or just for laughs? Probably needs a better mouseover. And the image isn't very clear at the moment.


Better?


Poll
Ready for submit?
Yes
No, need more work
      21 answers
Poll created by Munny


Perhaps this version is better?





I noticed you submitted the original version, with a weird mouseover. I think the second version is better although the outline is not defined enough. What's the badge trying to convey other than a dirty baby bib?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Category:Hostess fruit pie ads featuring
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
crazylegs wrote:
not sure what's happening to the process.


And as usual there are other badges in the queue where suggestions for improvements have obviously gone ignored. So I wonder how people ever started to feel that anything beyond clicking no in a poll simply wasn't worth their time?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Category:Hostess fruit pie ads featuring
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:


I should also say I think this is much better now! A little work now pays off forever*.


*Possibly not literally forever.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
not sure what's happening to the process.


And as usual there are other badges in the queue where suggestions for improvements have obviously gone ignored. So I wonder how people ever started to feel that anything beyond clicking no in a poll simply wasn't worth their time?


I think that would be an unfortunate conclusion to draw.

One of the 1st microbadges I created had several folks advising me to give it a solid background. Once I did this several folks advised me to make the background transparent. I put it to a poll and received a tie on what direction to go in. The point is not only is it sometimes impossible to take all advice, but sometimes the advice is not moving the image in the direction wanted.

This is peer review, not design by committee. Personally I very much appreciate the suggestions I'm given, even in cases where I disagree with it. For example I didn't take your advice Kaffedrake on making the stitching symmetrical on the Kate Rusby microbadge. This was not because I don't respect your opinion, but rather because I wanted to remain true to the original logo. By the same token I don't expect all my suggestions to be taken and my feelings arn't hurt when someone chooses to ignore my suggestions.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
crazylegs wrote:
Can you reupload these with the mouseover as just 'Love Letter fan'? The names can stay, but seems an odd mouseover - I certainly would only buy it if the mouseover reflected the simple fandom for the game, but with my preferred image choice for the mb.


I think you're right, I prefer them with the simpler mouseover and just keeping the full name (just to make it obvious what they represent, although hopefully they're all reasonably obvious).

I've re-uploaded them (I think I've done it right, never had to do this before).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
delinear wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
Can you reupload these with the mouseover as just 'Love Letter fan'? The names can stay, but seems an odd mouseover - I certainly would only buy it if the mouseover reflected the simple fandom for the game, but with my preferred image choice for the mb.


I think you're right, I prefer them with the simpler mouseover and just keeping the full name (just to make it obvious what they represent, although hopefully they're all reasonably obvious).

I've re-uploaded them (I think I've done it right, never had to do this before).


Looks good to me, thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Category:Hostess fruit pie ads featuring
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Billythehut wrote:
This was not because I don't respect your opinion, but rather because I wanted to remain true to the original logo.


Then you could have said as much in the thread and then someone could have said "But you're making a badge for BGG and not for Kate Rusby's fan site and their doing it is not a good argument" and then you could have disagreed that it was bad and said there was probably some deliberate design in the stitching and we could have hurled random abuse. Micro-abuse that builds better badges.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
This one:

mb

Looks really pixellated. Is it meant to be like that? The link in the pending queue takes me to a different thread entirely so I can't find the feedback here.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Billythehut wrote:
This was not because I don't respect your opinion, but rather because I wanted to remain true to the original logo.


Then you could have said as much in the thread and then someone could have said "But you're making a badge for BGG and not for Kate Rusby's fan site and their doing it is not a good argument" and then you could have disagreed that it was bad and said there was probably some deliberate design in the stitching and we could have hurled random abuse. Micro-abuse that builds better badges.


& here is a place where we disagree. I'm happy to defend my design choices and I know you've seen me do so. However, I also don't see a need to respond to every no vote when I've submitted a design that has a strong majority of positive votes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I do not see this as an adversarial process, but rather as supportive peer review. So please continue to provide us with your suggestions. Just because every single one isn't taken doesn't mean they aren't helpful and appreciated.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Billythehut wrote:
This was not because I don't respect your opinion, but rather because I wanted to remain true to the original logo.


Then you could have said as much in the thread and then someone could have said "But you're making a badge for BGG and not for Kate Rusby's fan site and their doing it is not a good argument" and then you could have disagreed that it was bad and said there was probably some deliberate design in the stitching and we could have hurled random abuse. Micro-abuse that builds better badges.


It would probably help if this thread was laid out more like Geeklists, where sub-threads about particular badges can be grouped together (like they are in the request thread). It would make that kind of back and forth discussion a lot easier.
6 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Rasal
Spain
Jaca
Aragon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Munny wrote:
New proposal of MB
Ridley Scott Fan


Could do with a bit more contrast.


Ok, with a bit more contrast
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Category:Hostess fruit pie ads featuring
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Billythehut wrote:
& here is a place where we disagree. I'm happy to defend my design choices and I know you've seen me do so. However, I also don't see a need to respond to every no vote when I've submitted a design that has a strong majority of positive votes.


This argument sounds good in isolation, but it's not consistent with the frequent insistence that people shouldn't vote no in polls unless they're also willing to take the time to provide instructions. If anonymous, unarticulated disapproval holds no weight, then anonymous, unarticulated approval should hold no weight either.

delinear wrote:
It would probably help if this thread was laid out more like Geeklists, where sub-threads about particular badges can be grouped together (like they are in the request thread). It would make that kind of back and forth discussion a lot easier.


The geeklist format has been used for VGG and RPGG badgery. I spent just a little time in the VGG list and only remember that I liked it less.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
Anonymous pollster wrote:
I spent just a little time in the VGG list and only remember that I liked it less.


Please could you give more feedback on this negative reaction?

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Category:Hostess fruit pie ads featuring
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Please could you give more feedback on this negative reaction?



Loading times are considerably higher for geeklists than for threads.

Geeklist subscriptions are harder to follow because new content can appear anywhere on a page.

Compartmentalization makes it easier to pay attention to just a few things and successfully avoid getting involved in the rest.

No participation from casual visitors/browsers because of all of the above + no front page visibility.

Huge monsters appear from between the cracks.

Paraflanging goes awry.

Energy sources fail.

Civilization crumbles.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Billythehut wrote:
& here is a place where we disagree. I'm happy to defend my design choices and I know you've seen me do so. However, I also don't see a need to respond to every no vote when I've submitted a design that has a strong majority of positive votes.


This argument sounds good in isolation, but it's not consistent with the frequent insistence that people shouldn't vote no in polls unless they're also willing to take the time to provide instructions. If anonymous, unarticulated disapproval holds no weight, then anonymous, unarticulated approval should hold no weight either.

Sorry, but I can hardly be held responsible for the arguments posted by others that I am not in agreement with. I do not claim “that people shouldn't vote no in polls unless they're also willing to take the time to provide instructions.” In truth a no vote with an elaboration as to why is much more helpful, but I have reworked badges based on no votes without explanations. No doubt I will do so in the future as well at times.

Again, this is why you should continue to provide input as you have in the past. It is more helpful than simply voting no by itself, and so is more appreciated.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
Please could you give more feedback on this negative reaction?


(...)
Huge monsters appear from between the cracks.

Paraflanging goes awry.

Energy sources fail.

Civilization crumbles.

First of all, I'm not huge! Just... bigish.

Second, are you saying civilization is a cookie?
meeple
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
not sure what's happening to the process.


And as usual there are other badges in the queue where suggestions for improvements have obviously gone ignored. So I wonder how people ever started to feel that anything beyond clicking no in a poll simply wasn't worth their time?


I don't know. I had like 11 yes votes to 4 no in my original science patrol badge idea and still didn't submit it because I listened to the feedback the no votes gave. And then I look at the pending badges and see submissions without polls, etc...Meh, I'll keep doing what I'm doing, I'm learning so that's worth more to me.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok! Poll Time

Proposal for a microbadge in TV catagory -
- "Science Patrol Fan" from the 1960s Japanese TV Show Ultraman, this microbadge represents the logo of the Science Patrol.

reference picture - logo on Hyata's (Ultraman) helmet -


Poll: Submit this for approval?
- "Science Patrol Fan"
Is this badge ready for submission?
Yes, submit it now!
No, it still needs more work (please comment)
No, there is no place for this pointless microbadge - GOOD DAY SIR!
      10 answers
Poll created by Schwartzkopf
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Boeke
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
efilips wrote:
I wanted a microbadge for me an ageing "Gamer dad". I could not find any so I made this.


Mouse over will be "Gamer Dad"

Poll
What do you think should this be approved?
Yes
No
      17 answers
Poll created by efilips

This got approved but the no votes outweigh the yes votes. Did I miss something??

I guess it doesn't matter now as there are 9 buyers but not sure what's happening to the process.

I agree, there was plenty of feedback on this one mb too, but it snuck through with all of the "flaws" that were identified. I think part of the issue on this one (for me at least) was that the designer dropped in, posted in the feedback thread and uploaded the image to the queue and then "disappeared" (didn't respond to any of the feedback, etc...).

I completely understand about the "design by committee" phenomena (and that isn't what the thread is for), but I do think that the constructive feedback is worth trying to incorporate (even if/when it is ultimately rejected)...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Monkey
United States
Highland Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
This one:
mb
Looks really pixellated. Is it meant to be like that? The link in the pending queue takes me to a different thread entirely so I can't find the feedback here.

I really don't get this one. Original post had no poll, no thumbs and I commented on that it needed improvement. It does look different than the original, but I don't recall a revision being posted to this forum (sorry if I missed it...). It is better, but should still use a little work. Source image from Chee is

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
MrMonkey wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
This one:
mb
Looks really pixellated. Is it meant to be like that? The link in the pending queue takes me to a different thread entirely so I can't find the feedback here.

I really don't get this one. Original post had no poll, no thumbs and I commented on that it needed improvement. It does look different than the original, but I don't recall a revision being posted to this forum (sorry if I missed it...). It is better, but should still use a little work. Source image from Chee is



It was posted in a different thread. The link is a post saying they'd buy it, but no link to this forum:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10978297#10978297
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  148 , 149 , 150 , 151 , 152  Next »  [990] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.