Daniel
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Started working on this one a few days ago, people suggested I work on it further and smooth it out.

- Original MB design

- smoother design

Loosely based on this slacklining image, for those of you who are not familiar with slacklining -

Any suggestions on the smoother design? Anyone prefer the pixel version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
Here is a response to a request by user bluelise:

United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mb

The request is for a badge to represent that the user has a nemesis, so the icon is a shaking fist and the mouseover text proposed by bluelise would be "Curse you, nemesis!"

Here is the proposed badge:

Poll
Is this ready to submit
Yes, submit away
Not quite there yet (please explain what's missing)
      23 answers
Poll created by delinear

Please leave some feedback if you feel there are areas that could be improved, thanks!

I voted "yes, submit away", but just saw some animated microbadges, and thought that having the actual fist shaking slowly might be awesome.
What do you guys think?
As for the linking to a nemesis, it would be cool too, but I'd provide an option for linking and no linking, if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Boeke
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
delinear wrote:
Here is a response to a request by user bluelise:

United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mb

The request is for a badge to represent that the user has a nemesis, so the icon is a shaking fist and the mouseover text proposed by bluelise would be "Curse you, nemesis!"

Here is the proposed badge:

I voted "yes, submit away", but just saw some animated microbadges, and thought that having the actual fist shaking slowly might be awesome.
What do you guys think?
As for the linking to a nemesis, it would be cool too, but I'd provide an option for linking and no linking, if possible.

Animated microbadges are limited to special (mostly award) badges (so probably not going to happen)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Boeke
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:
I love Skip bo. so here some ideas for a micro badge.

Poll
Which one is best?
      11 answers
Poll created by Jamesbv7

I think #3 has the most promise, but it isn't really round and there are some jaggy pixels on the outer circle too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, didn't know that. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kataclysm wrote:
delinear wrote:

Please leave some feedback ...

I like the idea. I think the fingers should come further over the thumb, though. Right now it looks like the hand is doing something requiring dexterity rather than shaking in anger, like rolling a die or making the ASL letter E. I would buy this, especially if the user could link it to his/her nemesis.
Actually, just tried to do the gesture, and I feel that the thumb should be further over the fingers, covering part of the first two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Rallyman fan
badge
Rallyman fan
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some microbadges for Memoir '44 expansions that don't have any yet:

Memoir '44: Equipment Pack fan
Memoir '44: Winter Wars fan
Memoir '44: Battle Maps series fan

Poll
Ready to submit?
  Yes, go ahead! Needs improvement (please elaborate!) No, don't submit it Vote Count
66.7% (6) 11.1% (1) 22.2% (2) 9
62.5% (5) 25.0% (2) 12.5% (1) 8
25.0% (2) 50.0% (4) 25.0% (2) 8
Total Voters 9
This poll is now closed.   9 answers
Poll created by Gravey
Closes: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Thanks for the feedback guys, it's actually really helpful.

Phelanpt wrote:
kataclysm wrote:
delinear wrote:

Please leave some feedback ...

I like the idea. I think the fingers should come further over the thumb, though. Right now it looks like the hand is doing something requiring dexterity rather than shaking in anger, like rolling a die or making the ASL letter E. I would buy this, especially if the user could link it to his/her nemesis.
Actually, just tried to do the gesture, and I feel that the thumb should be further over the fingers, covering part of the first two.

kataclysm and Phelanpt thanks for the input, I think you're both on the right lines, I just made a tightly clenched fist and I think the fingers do come further behind the thumb, which could either be rendered as the thumb being a little higher or the fingers being a little lower. I don't want to extend the thumb up as the less of the top of the fingers I show, the less recognisable it becomes as a fist (I created half a dozen versions that just looked like blobs!), instead I've extended the visible finger down slightly (the others are covered by the thumb anyway). I'll put both versions in a poll and see which one you guys prefer, for me although the change is subtle I do think verson 2 is better but I'm happy to go with what everyone else thinks.

Poll
Which version do you prefer?
Version 1

Version 2

13 answers
Poll created by delinear

As for animating, as kiowapilot said, this is only allowed for certain award badges and I think it's generally limited to adding sparkles to the award. I'm not sure there is any way to link a microbadge to a particular user either (unless someone a bit more familiar with the system knows how, I've just had a look at my own and I can't see any options), sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mb
kiowapilot wrote:
Jamesbv7 wrote:

Poll
Which one is best?
      11 answers
Poll created by Jamesbv7

I think #3 has the most promise, but it isn't really round and there are some jaggy pixels on the outer circle too...

I agree, I voted for #3 (not being familiar with Skip Bo, 1 and 2 reminded me more vaguely of Uno) but it does need just a tiny bit of tidying up if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mb
Schwartzkopf wrote:
Started working on this one a few days ago, people suggested I work on it further and smooth it out.

- Original MB design

- smoother design

Loosely based on this slacklining image, for those of you who are not familiar with slacklining -

I know it's not helpful in picking one but I like both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
kiowapilot wrote:
Jamesbv7 wrote:

Poll
Which one is best?
      11 answers
Poll created by Jamesbv7

I agree, I voted for #3 (not being familiar with Skip Bo, 1 and 2 reminded me more vaguely of Uno) but it does need just a tiny bit of tidying up if possible.

I have not played Skip-Bo since I was a kid, but once I saw the logo, I knew it belonged to that singular game. However, although #3 is the best choice IMHO, it does need a smidge of work to clean it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmb
Billythehut wrote:
Here's a microbadge for the Artists Diego Velázquez to go in the group Literature and Arts » Artists.

Microbadge for Diego Velázquez:
Over text to read "Diego Velázquez fan"
Option 2

Option 2 is based on this detail (of himself) from one of his most well know paintings "Las Meninas";

Kaffedrake wrote:
This works but is there any reason not to zoom in even more?

Option 2 was clearly the preferred choice although 1/2 the folks who preferred it also felt it needed work.

Here's a revised version:

Opinions?
Poll
Is it ready?
Yes, submit it.
Not yet (please post suggestions below).
      10 answers
Poll created by Billythehut

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
Okay let's take a poll on these additional Love Letter Japanese art edition micro-badges. The original Princess poll and supporting text is here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10998352#10998352

First one up is the red haired Princess:

Poll
The red haired Princess
Ready to submit
Needs more work (please say what)
No (please say why)
      11 answers
Poll created by delinear

Next up, I'm not sure how well it works but I'm happy to throw it open to the public, it's the soldier:

Poll
The soldier
Ready to submit
No (please say why)
      10 answers
Poll created by delinear

And just because he's super fun, the clown:

Poll
The clown
Ready to submit
No (please say why)
      12 answers
Poll created by delinear

Tom did you want to poll the Prince alongside these? I think he'd fit in well.

Can you reupload these with the mouseover as just 'Love Letter fan'? The names can stay, but seems an odd mouseover - I certainly would only buy it if the mouseover reflected the simple fandom for the game, but with my preferred image choice for the mb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
Billythehut wrote:

Here's a revised version:

Opinions?
Poll
Is it ready?
Yes, submit it.
Not yet (please post suggestions below).
      10 answers

I like it. I would try two things that maybe improbe a bit the badge. First, triying with a little less contrast (currently, the black is too black, so there is no difference between hair and background). And second, i would try moving the face a couple pixels to the right, since Diego is looking at the left
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Munny wrote:

Ok.This image is perfect.

Hmmm...

Poll
Hanabi fan
  Yes No Do some work
      15 answers
Poll created by crazylegs

Not much to go on here so bumping a little - any comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Rasal
Spain
Jaca
Aragon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New proposal of MB
Ridley Scott Fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Munny wrote:
New proposal of MB
Ridley Scott Fan

Could do with a bit more contrast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmb
Here's a microbadge for fans of Mary Flannery O'Connor to go in the group Literature and Arts » Authors.

Microbadge for Flannery O'Connor:
Over text to read "Flannery O'Connor fan"

Quote:
Transparency Test:

Here is the photo the badge is based on

This is to meet a request posted here: N/A

Let me know what you think, if you don't think its ready please make suggestions.
Poll
Is it ready?
It's ready, submit it.
Not yet (suggestions below).
      7 answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonguepaste wrote:
Proposed Olivia Newton-John fan mb. Comments/criticisms? Hoping I got the background adequately transparent ... My photoshopping skills are rusty!

I cannot figure out how to get it to display here at 16x16!

This is in the submission queue but I don't recall any discussion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
efilips wrote:
I wanted a microbadge for me an ageing "Gamer dad". I could not find any so I made this.

Mouse over will be "Gamer Dad"

Poll
What do you think should this be approved?
Yes
No
      17 answers
Poll created by efilips

This got approved but the no votes outweigh the yes votes. Did I miss something??

I guess it doesn't matter now as there are 9 buyers but not sure what's happening to the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firestarter Girl
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:

- Original MB design

- smoother design

I'm a fan of slacklining!!

Like the smoother image...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Munny wrote:
Munny wrote:
Munny wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
jsper wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
jsper wrote:
Munny wrote:
I'll give it a second chance
Category; weird.
Description, A bib with spots

I like it

What's it about? Reminds me of the Kool Aid guy.

Its a bib stained

Baby bib? Any particular reason or just for laughs? Probably needs a better mouseover. And the image isn't very clear at the moment.

Better?

Poll
Ready for submit?
Yes
No, need more work
      21 answers
Poll created by Munny

Perhaps this version is better?

I noticed you submitted the original version, with a weird mouseover. I think the second version is better although the outline is not defined enough. What's the badge trying to convey other than a dirty baby bib?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoot of an owl, chatter of leaves, by a spooky crossroads waits
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
crazylegs wrote:
not sure what's happening to the process.

And as usual there are other badges in the queue where suggestions for improvements have obviously gone ignored. So I wonder how people ever started to feel that anything beyond clicking no in a poll simply wasn't worth their time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoot of an owl, chatter of leaves, by a spooky crossroads waits
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Schwartzkopf wrote:

I should also say I think this is much better now! A little work now pays off forever*.

*Possibly not literally forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
not sure what's happening to the process.

And as usual there are other badges in the queue where suggestions for improvements have obviously gone ignored. So I wonder how people ever started to feel that anything beyond clicking no in a poll simply wasn't worth their time?

I think that would be an unfortunate conclusion to draw.

One of the 1st microbadges I created had several folks advising me to give it a solid background. Once I did this several folks advised me to make the background transparent. I put it to a poll and received a tie on what direction to go in. The point is not only is it sometimes impossible to take all advice, but sometimes the advice is not moving the image in the direction wanted.

This is peer review, not design by committee. Personally I very much appreciate the suggestions I'm given, even in cases where I disagree with it. For example I didn't take your advice Kaffedrake on making the stitching symmetrical on the Kate Rusby microbadge. This was not because I don't respect your opinion, but rather because I wanted to remain true to the original logo. By the same token I don't expect all my suggestions to be taken and my feelings arn't hurt when someone chooses to ignore my suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  149 , 150 , 151 , 152 , 153  Next »  [1006] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.