Support:

Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nulli Secundus wrote:
Note that in the original picture the Walrus looked over his head.
Unfortunately the details of the original picture are often lost when you resize to 16x16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:

I will reiterate my previous comment: it's extremely difficult (nigh impossible) to tell what that bage is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be a walrus, because it looks like it's trying to be a tucan (or some other large-beaked bird) without the bright colors.

Noted, although I don't see the Toucan thing myself, I do think it looks pretty Walrus-y. Then again I did make it, so...

Edit: But I'll add another poll for balance, partly because I like polls and partly because I take all comments seriously. Even Kaffendrake's.

Poll
What do you think microbadgers is this a bird or a Walrus?
Bird
Walrus
Your face on a Friday night
      17 answers
Poll created by crazylegs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
wizcreations wrote:

I will reiterate my previous comment: it's extremely difficult (nigh impossible) to tell what that bage is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be a walrus, because it looks like it's trying to be a tucan (or some other large-beaked bird) without the bright colors.

Noted, although I don't see the Toucan thing myself, I do think it looks pretty Walrus-y. Then again I did make it, so...

Edit: But I'll add another poll for balance, partly because I like polls and partly because I take all comments seriously. Even Kaffendrake's.

Poll
What do you think microbadgers is this a bird or a Walrus?
Bird
Walrus
Your face on a Friday night
      17 answers
Poll created by crazylegs
Couldn't help reading this as:
Is it a bird? Is it a walrus? No, it's SuperFridayNightFace!
laughlaughlaughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Walrus poll
No option for platypus? cry

See the brown furred arched back, head on the left looking down and to the left, bill over on the left hand side. The white gaps at the bottom delineate the two front paws. Clearly...

Can you see it? Can you unsee it now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hilla
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:
Proposed Olivia Newton-John fan mb. Comments/criticisms? Hoping I got the background adequately transparent ... My photoshopping skills are rusty!

I cannot figure out how to get it to display here at 16x16!

This is in the submission queue but I don't recall any discussion?

No, I haven't seen any ... I've been looking daily for any feedback!

Poor Olivia just has that impact these days maybe, alas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tonguepaste wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:
Proposed Olivia Newton-John fan mb. Comments/criticisms? Hoping I got the background adequately transparent ... My photoshopping skills are rusty!

Should be removed then, along with the PE badge with the white background.

As for Olivia, the background distracts a bit, as does her hand - I assume that's her hand brushing her hair away? Or does she just have weird hand hair?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stelio wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
Walrus poll
No option for platypus? cry

See the brown furred arched back, head on the left looking down and to the left, bill over on the left hand side. The white gaps at the bottom delineate the two front paws. Clearly...

Can you see it? Can you unsee it now?

Noooo! Stelio, now all I see is the platypus when previously I saw the walrus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
new iOS Fan Microbadges for every game with an iOS version. Each image is based on the iOS Icon.

iOS Fan - Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer

iOS Fan - Carcassonne

iOS Fan - Caylus

iOS Fan - Dominant Species

iOS Fan - Kingdom Builder

iOS Fan - Le Havre

iOS Fan - Neuroshima Hex

iOS Fan - Nightfall

iOS Fan - Puerto Rico

iOS Fan - Qin

iOS Fan - Ra

iOS Fan - Samurai

iOS Fan - San Juan

iOS Fan - Scotland Yard

iOS Fan - Settlers of Catan

iOS Fan - Stone Age

iOS Fan - Summoner Wars

iOS Fan - Through the Desert

iOS Fan - Tigris & Euphrates

iOS Fan - Tikal

iOS Fan - Titan

iOS Fan - Ticket to Ride
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
mb
mwdalrymple wrote:
new iOS Fan Microbadges for every game with an iOS version. Each image is based on the iOS Icon.
Shouldn't these be "[Whatever] fan - iOS version," or some such thing? Your mouseovers seem to indicate that the user will be showing their fandom of iOS by displaying the icon of a game that has an iOS version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hilla
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:

As for Olivia, the background distracts a bit, as does her hand - I assume that's her hand brushing her hair away? Or does she just have weird hand hair?

Nope, that's a hand.

Why should the badge be removed, though? I admit that I don't get this new mb procedure ... I've designed a dozen or more mbs over the years, just not any since this new procedure was implemented. The instructions at the top of this thread are not that clear.

I agree that the mbs shouldn't look like s***t, but, if I have to put 20 hours of my life into every one of 'em, I'll slide back into microbadge retirement--and my real job.

This process seems too slow & way too finicky for what is actually being produced here: 16 x 16 pixel images that only a bunch of geeks will ever see, most of which don't really care.

That said, I'm not defending this badge on the merits & will remove it & make another attempt--or decide that I have better things to do. This used to be fun; it now seems like a massive pain in the ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tonguepaste wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:

Nope, that's a hand.

Why should the badge be removed, though? I admit that I don't get this new mb procedure ... I've designed a dozen or more mbs over the years, just not any since this new procedure was implemented. The instructions at the top of this thread are not that clear.

I agree that the mbs shouldn't look like s***t, but, if I have to put 20 hours of my life into every one of 'em, I'll slide back into microbadge retirement--and my real job.

This process seems too slow & way too finicky for what is actually being produced here: 16 x 16 pixel images that only a bunch of geeks will ever see, most of which don't really care.

That said, I'm not defending this badge on the merits & will remove it & make another attempt--or decide that I have better things to do. This used to be fun; it now seems like a massive pain in the ass.

It should be removed because it hasn't gone through the review process. It's not such a laborious process but it is a process. It could probably do with being explained better.

The process is there because some of us do care about mbs and want to make sure they're the best they can be. I don't think this will take much to improve but it could be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
I'm a big fan of the "I've got a copy of this, jealous much?" quarterly list, but there's no microbadge for it and would love to see one - any designers willing to take it on? I have no strong preferences about how it should look (which is both good and bad whistle)

Latest list, for inspiration...

I got a copy of This - jealous much!? ... #20

mb [whatever you're proud of here]

edit: looks like I quoted something that no longer exists!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
By request here, a microbadge for Jean Sibelius:

The original picture:

Poll
Ready for submission?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
80.0% 12
Needs work (please comment to help me make it better)
20.0% 3
No
0.0% 0
Voters 15
This poll is now closed.   15 answers
Poll created by Kattvippa
Closes: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:

I like it, just the shadow on the left (his right) looks a little harsh and blocky (line down the side of the square). If you could smooth that off and reduce the opacity (or cut it out entirely) it would be perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:

I like it, just the shadow on the left (his right) looks a little harsh and blocky (line down the side of the square). If you could smooth that off and reduce the opacity (or cut it out entirely) it would be perfect.

Thank you Tom! Will get right back to the drawing board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Cloud
Florida
flag msg tools
drewdane wrote:
mwdalrymple wrote:
Shouldn't these be "[Whatever] fan - iOS version," or some such thing? Your mouseovers seem to indicate that the user will be showing their fandom of iOS by displaying the icon of a game that has an iOS version.

and I like some of those game on my Android ruling out this batch out of hand by making it iOS exclusive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
mb
kevintlee wrote:
drewdane wrote:
mwdalrymple wrote:

and I like some of those game on my Android ruling out this batch out of hand by making it iOS exclusive
Good point. So how about "[Whatever] Mobile fan?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Balas
Greece
Kallithea
Athens
flag msg tools
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
badge
Es treibt mich ein dunkles Sehnen hinauf zur Waldeshöh', dort lös't sich auf in Tränen mein übergroßes Weh'.
mbmbmbmbmb
NEW SUBMISSION:

Ideas - Anarchy

Quote:
transparency test

Poll
Do you think the microbadge above is ready for submission?
yes
46.2% 6
no (please comment)
53.8% 7
Voters 13
This poll is now closed.   13 answers
Poll created by Nulli Secundus
Closes: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:00 am

Although an "Anarchy" microbagde already exists mb I strongly believe that this one (due to colour and -lack of- stylisation):
- is more in par with the rest of the "idea-microbadges" (e.g. mb, mb, mb)
- conveys a different, more "politically-serious" message than the other which is kinda punk-like

PS Don't forget to comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
drewdane wrote:
kevintlee wrote:
drewdane wrote:
mwdalrymple wrote:

Good point. So how about "[Whatever] Mobile fan?"

Or "[Whatever] app fan", I think all the major platforms (iOS, Android/Kindle, Windows, Blackberry) use the term app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hilla
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
tonguepaste wrote:

Nope, that's a hand.

It should be removed because it hasn't gone through the review process. It's not such a laborious process but it is a process. It could probably do with being explained better.

The process is there because some of us do care about mbs and want to make sure they're the best they can be. I don't think this will take much to improve but it could be better.

All fair enough. I've removed the badge & will take another stab at it.

But may I note that there is not a word in the initial instructions on microbadge submission at the start of this thread that states that the badge has to go through a hit-or-miss peer review process VIA this thread BEFORE being submitted using the upload form?

It's not a matter of "could be a bit better written" but a matter of "not written that way at all" as regards those instructions. It simply says (in summary) "(1) make sure your mb doesn't already exist; (2) create it if not; (3) upload it; (4) approval in about a week."

If there is a chitter-chatter component to the process--and I'm happy to stipulate that there is--it is not described in those instructions.

Again, not being over-defensive as regards my particular mb submission, which may suffer from any number of graphical deficiencies, just pointing out that this "requirement," as far as *I* can tell just dipping back into this process since the last admin ran things, is coming only from you, Tom. I don't see the "must get peer reviewed before submitting using the form" anywhere else.

The new mb admin should re-write those instructions. Just my two cents--and offered with the complete understanding that being a BGG microbadge admin is an unpaid and probably mostly thankless task that I'm sure everyone who buys a mb here appreciates whether they know it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nulli Secundus wrote:
NEW SUBMISSION:

Ideas - Anarchy

Quote:
transparency test

Although an "Anarchy" microbagde already exists mb I strongly believe that this one (due to colour and -lack of- stylisation):
- is more in par with the rest of the "idea-microbadges" (e.g. mb, mb, mb)
- conveys a different, more "politically-serious" message than the other which is kinda punk-like

PS Don't forget to comment

Do you know the meaning of anarchy?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonguepaste wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Balas
Greece
Kallithea
Athens
flag msg tools
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
badge
Es treibt mich ein dunkles Sehnen hinauf zur Waldeshöh', dort lös't sich auf in Tränen mein übergroßes Weh'.
mbmbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:

Has that anything to do with microbadge design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, new attempt:

By request here, a microbadge for Jean Sibelius:

The original picture:

Poll
Ready for submission?
Yes
94.7% 18
Needs work (please comment to help me make it better)
5.3% 1
No
0.0% 0
Voters 19
This poll is now closed.   19 answers
Poll created by Kattvippa
Closes: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nulli Secundus wrote:
pfrsantos wrote:

Has that anything to do with microbadge design?

I like it when people use a lot of characters to spell "no".
laugh
Yes, anarchy has everything to do with everything.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  150 , 151 , 152 , 153 , 154  Next »  [990] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.