Subject: Saboteur's Destroyed Spaceship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kennifus Prime
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys I have a quick question. When you destroy a spaceship with the Saboteur character card the way the rules for him seem to read on page 7 is the spaceship is permanently destroyed and removed from the current game. In other words it cannot be used again during the current game. I don't see this being hugely relevant (as you won't make it through most spaceships twice anyways), but I suppose if you wanted to keep people away from a certain area being able to permanently remove one spaceship that travels there is a moderate tactic. Is this how the Saboteur works or does the spaceship he destroys simply go to the discard pile with the rest of the spaceships that launched that turn?

Thanks!

P.S. If it was a manually controlled ship does where does the Destination Token go based on the answer to the above question? I assume regardless of the answer it just goes back to the pool of Destination Tokens to be re-used if so desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kennifus Prime wrote:
Hi guys I have a quick question. When you destroy a spaceship with the Saboteur character card the way the rules for him seem to read on page 7 is the spaceship is permanently destroyed and removed from the current game. In other words it cannot be used again during the current game. I don't see this being hugely relevant (as you won't make it through most spaceships twice anyways), but I suppose if you wanted to keep people away from a certain area being able to permanently remove one spaceship that travels there is a moderate tactic. Is this how the Saboteur works or does the spaceship he destroys simply go to the discard pile with the rest of the spaceships that launched that turn?

Thanks!

P.S. If it was a manually controlled ship does where does the Destination Token go based on the answer to the above question? I assume regardless of the answer it just goes back to the pool of Destination Tokens to be re-used if so desired.

The rules seem pretty clear on the spaceship: it should be discarded from the game and never used again. It was, after all, blown up!
The rules aren't as clear for what to do with a destination token, I could see an argument either way (it's 'part of the ship' so should be discarded, or it's not part of the ship and should go back to the pool). Just agree on a consensus before you start. If it is discarded from the game, that would allow for more saboteur strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no reason to discard the token permanently. A destination is clearly not a physical part of the ship that was destroyed. It's an itinerary. The destination still exists.

Somebody blowing up a bus headed to Baghdad doesn't mean future buses can no longer drive there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. N. Dominick
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
I see no no reason to discard the token. A destination is clearly not a physical part of the ship that was destroyed. It's an itinerary. The destination still exists.

Somebody blowing up a bus headed to Baghdad doesn't mean future buses can no longer drive there.

No, but if there are six buses to Baghdad in any given week, and one of them is blown up then you only have five chances to go to Baghdad via bus that week.

We have always played that the destination gets discarded along with the rocket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor phrasing on my part. I meant there's no reason to remove it from the game permanently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.