Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for another Shadow Hunters game I think. I've had some interest from the usual places... who wants in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always up for it if there's room. This is still my favorite online game

Promise not to change my avatar this time ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathanWC
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play as long as Ben doesn't kill me again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went out too quickly last time. I'll play, but I'll sit out if someone who wasn't in the last one really wants in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as Jesse :)I'll play but sit out if a lot of newbies want in :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play if you need an extra person. Otherwise, I'll just kibitz and make fun of Donuts in a dress like usual. Winning gets old after a while!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for it! And I'm totally kicking out someone of the game if need be!
Btw, Blott is not on my team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Donuts also wanted in, so that's 7 so far...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmb
You know I wasn't going to, but it's hard to resist this crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm definitely in!

goo goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok looks like we have 8...

Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
jonathanWC
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse Hickle
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mary B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I'll mock up the board and other preparations. Mike... are you ok with the usual "avatar"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn order will be as follows from top to bottom:
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jesse Hickle
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb

Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

jonathanWC
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb

Mary B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
by Zman games

The game will run in a similar fashion to the previous ones...

* You will all be sent a geekmail at the start of the game indicating which character you are. With 8 players there will be 3 shadows; 3 hunters and 2 neutrals. I am using a mix of base and expansion characters, but there will only ever be one character of each letter.

* I will start each turn by posting the turn number and then I will roll for your movement, using the BGG dice-roll function and move you to the specified location, unless a decision is required (say if a 7 is rolled).

* To keep the game flowing I will assume you wish to draw a card if in a specific location. If there's a choice, I will ask you to post on the thread.

* Any time you draw a Hermit card, I will geekmail the details of the card to you... you must then post your target in this thread. I will then forward the geekmail to the target player, who must post the outcome in this thread.

* You must geekmail me in advance of your turn if you wish to reveal and/or use a special ability. If I haven't heard from you, I will assume you're not doing so, and proceed with your turn... this is both to keep the game flowing AND to prevent giving away information about identities.

* In the case of reactionary abilities, such as Werewolf, Allie etc... please try to geekmail me in advance some conditional orders (like "if X attacks me and I go above 10 damage I want to reveal and counter attack". I will however also try to keep an eye out for situations where such characters may want to reveal, and I will geekmail you to recommend it, before executing the turn.

* After location cards/actions have been dealt with, if there are any valid targets, I will ask if you wish to attack . Please post your intended target in this thread, and attach to the post a die roll of d6-d4 we will use the absolute value of the roll to determine damage.

* I have created a graphic of the game board, and will use a list of avatars as the game table, to help visualise the game... I will post these every turn at a suitable point in the turn.. usually after movement, showing character locations and hit points and players equipment.

* Turn order will be according to the list ... Starting with Ed and working down.

* I am now using avatars on the boards (thanks to Jeff for this idea) so as to more easily identify who is whom. For this purpose only, I have assigned Mike an avatar (hope that is ok. I can change it if you'd prefer)

* At the start of the game, and any time a character is revealed (or dies) I will post a list of all characters that could be in the game highlighting the ones revealed, and hence the ones who can't be in. (Thanks to Statsig for this info).

Hunters
Ellen (10 HP): Once/game; at the start of your turn choose a character and void her/his special ability until the end of the game.

Emi (10 HP): When moving, may roll dice as usual or move to an adjacent area card.

Franklin (12 HP): Once/game, may deal 1d6 damage to any character at start of his turn.

Fu-ka (12 HP): Once/game, at the start of your turn set the damage of any character to 7.

George (14 HP): Once/game, may deal 1d4 damage to any character at start of his turn.

Gregor (14 HP): Once/game, can only be used when your turn is over; cannot receive any damage until start of your next turn.

Neutrals
Agnes (8HP: Victory if player to her immediate right wins): Once/game, can only use power at beginning of turn, to change victory condition to "immediate left" instead

Allie (8HP: Victory if alive at end): Once/game, fully heal her damage.

Bob (10 HP: Victory if 5 or more Equipment cards): If your attack kills a character, you get all of their Equipment cards.

Bryan (10 HP: Victory if your attack kills a character with HP 13 or greater or is on Erstwhile Altar when game is over): Must reveal identity if your attack kills a character with HP 12 or less.

Catherine (11 HP: Victory if first one killed or one of last 2 characters remaining): Heal 1 point of damage at start of her turn.

Charles (11 HP: Victory if when you kill a character, total number of dead characters is 3 or more): After you attack, may give self 2 damage to attack same character again.

Daniel (13 HP: First character to die or all Shadows are dead and you are not): As soon as a character dies, must reveal your identity.

David (13 HP: Victory if have three or more of the following: Talisman, Spear of Longinus, Holy Robe, Silver Rosary): Once/game, may take Equipment card of your choice from any discard pile.

Shadows
Ultra Soul (11 HP): At start of your turn, can give 3 damage to one character who is at the Underwold Gate.

Unknown (11 HP): When given a Hermit Card, may lie about identity to trigger effect or say "no effect." Do not need to reveal to use this power.

Valkyrie (13 HP): When you attack, only roll the 1d4 and deal that much damage.

Vampire (13 HP): If you attack a character and deal damage, immediately heal 2 damage.

Werewolf (14 HP): When attacked by a character, may choose to counterattack immediately after initial attack resolved.

Wight (14 HP): Once/game; when your turn is over, may take an additional number of extra turns equal to the number of dead characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks like a familiar crowd of miscreants.

Just remember I'm on your team. Well maybe not Ben's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to winning again!

Hey Donuts! Nice choice with the peach chiffon! Looks good on you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glad to play this again! this game tanked with my group (we all love The Resistance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. I've received a suggestion that when players need to draw a black/white card they roll a dice here on BGG and consult a list. Cards that have been used would be scrubbed from the list. The idea is to speed the game up a bit... This would only really work if players post their own turns and roll their own movement as well... I would still need to get involved with hermit cards.. and I guess I'd still update the board graphic when I was able... but it would mean no one was waiting for me at the start of their turn.

What do people think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
Hi all. I've received a suggestion that when players need to draw a black/white card they roll a dice here on BGG and consult a list. Cards that have been used would be scrubbed from the list. The idea is to speed the game up a bit... This would only really work if players post their own turns and roll their own movement as well... I would still need to get involved with hermit cards.. and I guess I'd still update the board graphic when I was able... but it would mean no one was waiting for me at the start of their turn.

What do people think?

"If it ain't broke, dont fix it!" I thought things were fine the way it ran before. I'll do either way, but I'm fine with the way it was. If there was extra time at times, it gave more time to kibitz and trash talk. Not that I would do any of that... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer it the way we've been doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary B
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather keep it the same as well. I think it would get too confusing without you directing things. The board graphic, the thematic story you tell when we arrive places, and generally keeping things clear would be missed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathanWC
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no one likes my idea
you are all a bunch of lazy bums, Cylons and Spies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
One more vote for keeping things as they have been. I realize that not waiting for you might speed things up, but I don't know if I want it that much faster. As Ed said, the extra downtime allows for more chatting thereby increasing the social nature of our games, which is something I love. Plus, the length of our games have given them a more epic feel.

As long as it's not a burden for you, I say it's best to avoid the change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
PePe QuiCoSE wrote:
no one likes my idea

Not me, I'm on your team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PePe QuiCoSE wrote:
no one likes my idea

I am not lazy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.