Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skup Skupper
United States
Galeton
Colorado
flag msg tools
The Game
10 Days in Europe is a hand management and geography game where players are trying to form a continuous 10 day trip through Europe. Inside the small box is a board featuring a map of Europe with each country color-coded, a number of cards (thick cardboard tiles really), and four wooden racks for holding the cards.

Gameplay Overview
There are 3 types of cards: countries, airplanes, and boats. Each player starts with 10 randomly arranged cards; the order of the cards in your rack is important. On your turn you draw a card from either the draw pile or one of the three discard piles and place it anywhere in your itinerary, and discard the replaced card. When country #1 (in your rack) is adjacent to country #2 according to the map, and #2 adjacent to #3, etc, you have made a cohesive itinerary and you win. Airplanes and boats may be used to make a connection in your trip between two countries which are not adjacent.

Why I Like the 10 Days series
This game is quick, easy, and simple, yet the decisions that need to be made are challenging. You must adapt your strategy throughout the game to the cards available, and while this is not a heavily interactive game it helps to stay aware of areas of the map other players seem to be concentrating on. 10 Days in Europe gets played often, and usually several times in a row. It is easy to teach to new players, and plays equally well with 2, 3, or 4 players (in my opinion). And I’ve become more familiar with European geography simply by playing this game.

Why I particularly like 10 Days in Europe
The 10 Days in ___ series also includes Africa, USA, Asia, and the Americas. I have played Africa and USA, and I highly prefer Europe. The map of Europe is well surrounded by various bodies of water, making for lots of interesting options. This game only features boats and airplanes; no cars as USA and Africa do. I think the cars were added to the other games to make up for the lack of interesting waterways. Although all the 10 Days games are similar, the varying geography creates slightly different gameplay. I find Europe to be the most enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.