3 Posts

Thunderstone: Doomgate Legion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tempest and Swarm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Behar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Level 3 Tempest allows me to keep the Tempest in play for the next hand if the VP of the just defeated card is less than 4. How does that play out when the Swarm is the defeated card? Do I have to simply note that I have 2 or more Swarm in my deck which would be over the cap to use the Tempest benefit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
lvbehar wrote:
Level 3 Tempest allows me to keep the Tempest in play for the next hand if the VP of the just defeated card is less than 4. How does that play out when the Swarm is the defeated card? Do I have to simply note that I have 2 or more Swarm in my deck which would be over the cap to use the Tempest benefit?

The Swarm (and Horde) have no VP value until the end of the game. Treat them as if the VP value is blank (which is different from 0). Therefore Tempest does not get the Spoils effect vs. Swarm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just for official word, WotE rulebook, p. 7:

"Note: Any card effect that targets a Monster’s printed Victory
Points, such as “less than 4 VP,” does not affect the Horde."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.