PASSWORD ACCEPTED
%> cd ~/doc/corp
%> ls
-r—r—r— 3 noise awesome 12040 Aug 27 2012 MICEB2B.CAT
%> more MICEB2B.CAT

BEGIN

Mirrormorph™ ICE B2B Catalog (Fall ’12)

Greetings

Mirrormorph™ is pleased to act as the software consolidator of choice, bringing you the best ICE and Server Services available on the market today. We here at Mirrormorph™ find the most appropriate defenses available from the myriad of vendors available in New Angeles and make them available to you, the representative of your Corporation. In a city where there is a new high profile Murder every other week and criminals seek to Infiltrate your physical assets before your security forces can arrive, there is peace of mind in knowing that your Data Servers are as protected as your available budget can provide.

This catalog has something for every Sysop, from the Barrier, Code Gate and Sentry ICE that have become the standards of our Net, to cutting edge projects and server support from four of the highest profile Megacorps in the world. Through a unique licensing agreement with all four Megacorps, Mirrormorph™ is pleased to be able to offer you this catalog as a member of our ‘Business to Business’ (or B2B) network.

Each product has been condensed to a single card for ease of reference and to facilitate tracking. Cost to activate a single license is in the upper left corner. The lower right corner represents the influence needed with the hosting corporation to license a copy of that technology. All members of the B2B network currently have the ability to request as many of their own products as permitted by Planning Services (currently 3), but are limited to 15 ‘influence points’ of other ICE, services and assets (see also our Assets & Services B2B Catalog).

Further, MirrorMorph™ recognizes two levels of membership: Basic and Premium. Basic members will have previously purchased only one CORE (Cybernetic Online-Reality Engine) system while Premium members will have purchased two or more COREs, allowing greater processing power and integration with their servers.

Regardless of your level of membership, MirrorMorph ™ thanks you for your interest in our catalogs and hopes that you are satisfied with our products and will continue to be a valued customer in the future.

Sincerely,
Department of ICE consolidation and installation

Hey guys! I managed to rip the current MICEB2B.CAT, so we should have a better idea of what we’re up against when we do what we do. I posted it here at viralplayground.hack and figured we could each post our comments and thoughts as we read through the catalog. I’m also working on finding that ‘Assets & Services’ B2B as well. I’ll post it when I find it.

Thanks for posting this Noise. I always enjoy seeing the new technology, it gives me ideas. Looks like I’m putting down my current project for a while to read this.

Nice find. No charge, right?

Barriers
Barriers are the first line of defense against intrusions and are generally thought of by the layman as erecting a wall around your data. Most normal netizens will see the wall and move on, lacking the ability to jump over, tunnel under or punch through the wall. Barriers come in all shapes, sizes and budgetary ranges, but they all serve one basic purpose: Keeping unwanted people out of your Servers.

Punch through… That gives me a new idea for a Fracter.

Wall of Static

The Wall of Static has been the standard Barrier ICE since introduced after the failed ‘Wall 1.0, Wall 2.0’ series. This Wall can stand up to normal probing from all but the best Runners attempting to hack your system. MirrorMorph™ is pleased to offer this product free of influence costs and can provide up to the standard maximum bundle of (3) per system.

Though a little out of date, my trusty Corroder still does the trick against this public domain piece of junk. It has a cheap buffer function that lets me get through these poofballs. It’s fun to watch them explode like a dandelion in the wind.

When’s the last time you actually saw a dandelion?

What is a dandelion?

Ice Wall

The original Wall 1.0 program was one of the first ICE introduced after the great Hack of ‘96. That ICE quickly became obsolete due to its inability to adapt to the rapidly changing landscape of security measures and the countermeasures employed by criminals and script kiddies trying to get into your servers. Weyland Consortium has improved upon the original code with the result being their first wall offering: Ice Wall. Costing the same per license as the original Wall 1.0, this new offering now comes with Weyland’s patented AdvanceLock system allowing the ability for a SysOp to unlock additional levels of defense (for a modest fee). Weyland requires a small influence expenditure to utilize this ICE.

I don’t mind seeing these, usually… The protocols are pretty straightforward and easy to pass. The issue comes when you get some hothead Sysop who decides to start modifying this left, right and center. When they’re done, you can hardly tell what it was when they started.

What’s wrong with modifying the source code?

Nothing, I just don’t like when it they go and exceed my toolset. I hear some Hadrian guy went crazy with one of these recently?

I thought you were known for reading ahead Gabe…

Wall of Thorns

Designed by Jinteki Corp, the Wall of Thorns is one of the few Barriers currently on the market to offer both offense and defense in a single package. Designed with biofeedback mechanisms intended to harm the Runner, the Wall of Thorns is both costly and highly effective. The day after Jinteki installed this across all of their internal servers, the purchase of the popular beverage Diesel increased 12.8%. With a low influence rating, this wall can easily serve the needs of any B2B partner.

I remember that day. Still have the cans.

Some of my friends call the damage this thing does ‘mana burn’. It’s a throwback to an old card game about wizards throwing cards at each other.

Hadrian’s Wall

This ICE grew out of the Weyland Consortium Wall Development Project, and bears the name of the architect of this pinnacle of Barrier Technology. It contains redundant subroutines for keeping out intruders and features Weyland’s patented AdvanceLock system, allowing your local Sysop to grow this already impressive Security level 7 ICE if that proves insufficient (fees can be sent directly to MirrorMorph™ for additional unlock codes).
Weyland is still protective of this ICE, so it comes with a mid level influence cost of ‘3’. Further, basic subscribers to the B2B can only purchase two licenses. Premium members may request one additional copy.

Oh…

I’ve been working on a new toy to punch through this, based on reading some old Greek mythology. I call it Battering Ram but the render is a huge minotaur. It’s a big program, 2 MU, but it’s worth it because unlike most of our icebreakers, I’ve coded in a new function so this one has strength memory until you jack out, so if you boost it… it keeps on going. Any Corp that installs multiple Walls in the same server isn’t going to be happy, and if I have to, I just Tinker with any other ICE in the server to and let the Battering Ram break straight through it all.

You know, we should make our own catalog to share stuff. I’d love a copy or two of that Program.

Heimdall 1.0

Haas-Bioroid is pleased to have launched the first access blocking Bioroid™, codenamed Heimdall 1.0. Armed with the knowledge gained from recent brain-taping research, Heimdall is capable of playing a deadly game of ‘keep out’ with any Intruder in your system. Often mistaken for a Sentry by the casual observer, Heimdall is in fact classified as a barrier due to his ability to interpose himself between an intruder to prevent further progress. Failure to win his game can result in brain hemorrhaging or death.

Haas-Bioroid standard disclaimer: all Bioroids™ are based on human memories and can be defeated given sufficient time to study this particular installation’s quirks. Haas-Bioroid is not responsible for any data theft that occurs due to the failure of a Bioroid™ ICE. Haas-Bioroid is further not responsible for any hospital bills incurred by intruders who encounter an installation of this ICE.)

Mirrormorph™ can only offer two licenses of this ICE to non-premium members due to limited supplies. Premium members may order to standard shipping limits of 3.

These things are human memories turned into ICE? Are they actual brain tapes, or is Hass-Bioroid shipping big sealed vats to their customers?

Don’t underestimate these new Bioroid protocols. The disclaimer isn’t kidding – given enough time you can bypass these things without firing up an icebreaker. Get two in a single system though and you have an issue and are back to doing things the old fashioned way.

If one of these catches you before you’re ready for it, just spend the time to find the glitch and jack out. It’ll still be there when you come back the next time with the proper tools.

Code Gates
If Barriers are the walls of your server, then code gates are the locks on the doors. Using varying encryption algorithms to prevent data access to your Servers, Code Gates are typically more versatile than their Barrier brethren, but still serve primarily to prevent access by the unwanted. Code Gates typically manifest as puzzles, riddles or sometimes a person presenting such a conundrum.

I hate these things. I’m currently leaning on Crypsis to help me through these puzzles, but I have to keep training him or he gets overloaded and self destructs. When possible, I find other ways around this entire class of ICE, so if either of you two have any useful programs I can steal borrow, that’d be appreciated.

But Gabe, I like the time we spend together.

We’ll see what we can do. And apparently I need to run a viral containment check, Crypsis looks like he’s starting to explore again.

Enigma

Mirrormorph™’s standard Code Gate offering contains two subroutines. The first is designed to slow down the intruder in order to permit your Sysop time to react. The second prevents further progress of the intruder, in a means similar to Barrier ICE. With over five gigaquads of memory dedicated to potential riddles, this is a formidable ICE for protecting your data.

It may have five whatever of memory dedicated to ‘potential riddles’, but once you’ve cataloged all the answers in Yog.0, who cares? I just flip open the Yog, type in the riddle number and boom, I’m moving on.

What happens if you hit a secret ‘man was not meant to know’?

Viktor 1.0

Haas-Bioroid is pleased to have launched the first puzzle-playing Bioroid™, codenamed Viktor 1.0. Armed with the knowledge gained from recent brain-taping research, Viktor is capable of playing a deadly game with any Intruder in your system. Often mistaken for a Sentry by the casual observer, Viktor is in fact classified as a code-gate due to his ability to interpose himself between an intruder and prevent further progress. Failure to win his game can result in brain hemorrhaging or death.

Haas-Bioroid standard disclaimer: all Bioroids™ are based on human memories and can be defeated given sufficient time to study this particular installation’s quirks. Haas-Bioroid is not responsible for any data theft that occurs due to the failure of a Bioroid™ ICE. Haas-Bioroid is further not responsible for any hospital bills incurred by intruders who encounter an installation of this ICE.)

Mirrormorph™ can only offer two licenses of this ICE to non-premium members due to limited supplies. Premium members may order to standard shipping limits of 3.

I got to play a game of ‘light cycles’ with one of these the last time I ran Haas. It took me nearly half the day just to convince it we were done playing and it kept going on about some guy named Bruce Boxleitner. Who the heck is Bruce Boxleitner?

Chum

Chum is designed as a cheap and easy to deploy alert system. Chum simulates the bloodied carcasses of fish thrown into the water to draw sharks to an area. In practical terms, this gives your next installed ICE a warning that an intruder is coming and includes auto-buffing routines that boost the next ICE’s strength, even if that is not normally possible.
Note: This Code gate does not have an ability to stop an intruder, just to sound the alarm.
Jinteki is happy to provide this ICE to the other members of the B2B, but only premium members may obtain three licenses. Regular customers will are limited to two at this time.

You ever get that feeling like you’re shark food? Pay attention to that feeling.

Nothing my trusty Gordian Blade can’t take care of, though sometimes I ignore this one if it’s cheaper to just let the stuff stick to me and deal with the next problem. Oh, I imported that ‘strength memory’ function from Battering Ram and condensed it a bit. Like it?

Yes that looks great. Can I get a copy of that executable?

Tollbooth

NBN’s first offering was originally deployed as a revenue generator for advertising. If you selected a banner ad, a small charge was sent to the advertiser and then you were redirected to their product information site. With a few tweaks, the charging mechanism was turned around on the consumer and it became more of an access point. Failure to pay the toll results in an immediate disconnection. Standard code gate authentication routines round out this ICE, keeping out unauthorized users.

Running NBN feels like being on the Garden State Parkway in Jersey. Some poorly rendered tool booth attendant always has his hand out before he lifts the gate.

If I plan on getting into a server protected by a Tollbooth multiple times, it’s not uncommon for me to boot up Femme Fatale and introduce her to the tool booth attendant. After that, she throws him a credit and we’re on our way. It’s like having a pretty woman on your arm that the bouncer’s smitten with. The ICE never notices you after that.

Cell Portal

Cell Portal harkens back to the early days of computing, when programming was done in a language known as ‘BASIC’. In that language, control loops were not done with the quantum-fuzzy logics methods used today, but were instead controlled by something called the ‘GOTO’ command. The Cell Portal, unless bypassed by a legitimate user, redirects the Intruder back to the beginning of your Server, making the access path seem like a long corridor which repeats the same ICE ad infinitum.

I still code in BASIC, what’s wrong with that?

Sigh

This is a prime candidate for a Forged Activation Orders since it will always be unrezzed if you’ve been thrown back to square one on a run. If the Corp doesn’t have enough to pay for it, they lose it, and that’s just fine by me.

Sentries
Barriers are your walls, Code Gates are you doors, Sentries are your active Guards. Unlike the other two forms of ICE, Sentries are primarily intended to interact with the intruder in a direct and active manner. Sentries have multiple functions such as providing biofeedback to an intruder, destroying intruder infrastructure or tracing an interloper’s digital signature in an attempt to discover their identity and location. Some Megacorporations have installed additional subroutines into their proprietary ICE that will be discussed in each individual entry.
If your Barriers and Code Gates fail, be sure to have a few Sentries to mix it up directly with the intruder and take the fight to them.

Any idea what these ‘additional subroutines’ are? I always like seeing things out of the norm, but that phrase has me a little worried.

Hunter

Mirrormorph’s Standard Sentry offering, Hunter will attempt to follow the trail of the Intruder in order to give you knowledge about their identity or whereabouts, resulting in a ‘Technology, Assets and Geolocation’ (or TAG) report. Hunter’s efficiency is entirely dependent upon the resource pool allocated to the Trace by the Sysop.

Yawn… Let me get my mask. I’ll just Mimic past this one.

Or outrun it.

Ichi 1.0

Haas-Bioroid is pleased to have launched the first Destroyer™ Bioroid™, codenamed Ichi 1.0. Armed with the knowledge gained from recent brain-taping research, Ichi is capable of detecting and eliminating software hosted by any Intruder in your system. Ichi is relentless in his pursuit of intruders and has been known to emit biofeedback due to a mistaken identification of the intruder’s brain as a rogue program. Sysops are advised to exercise caution when installing this ICE and to wear protective skull caps or other brain damage blocking devices.

This thing mistakes brain activity as a ‘rogue program’? Be careful.

Am I a Bioroid?

No, but you are apparently a rogue program. Where’s that off switch?

Rototurret

Haas-Bioroid is pleased to have launched its first non Bioroid™ ICE, codenamed Rototurret. Rototurret is an inexpensive support ICE which locks onto intruders and targets their installed programs before severing their connection to your server. Hass-Bioroid recommends that Rototurrets be deployed near Bioroid™ ICE in order to make your Bioroid™ ICE more effective.

These things are annoying. Unlike the other Haas Bioroid, umm, Bioroids, these things are pretty much on autopilot. Watch out if you’ve got a Daemon running, it can take out your entire structure in one shot.

At least the description text is refreshing. Those Haas-Bioroid marketing guys need to hire someone new.

And Noise, you should stop leaning so heavily on those Daemons and invest in some good old fashioned memory upgrades.

Neural Katana

No defense network would be complete without a very big sword. Jinteki’s offering stays with their Eastern influenced palette and comes standard with biofeedback routines developed from their research into human cloning. All instances come with a Samurai to operate the sword after discovering that floating swords did not interact well with the reality filters of some servers.
This ICE has a low faction cost and is readily available to all tiers of B2B customers.

You feel Ninja before you see Ninja, if you see Ninja at all.
One second I look unarmed and the next thing that happens is the Samurai has a throwing star in his back.
With no Samurai the physics system of the sword fails and you can bypass the ICE.

Data Raven

NBN is known for being the world’s information source, and it is part due to technology like that included in the Data Raven. Using deeply embedded interrogation routines, Data Raven is guaranteed to get some identifying information from an intruder’s trace if they press on past the initial handshake with Data Raven. Further, the Data Raven then initiates a standard Trace routine that allows the Corporation to re-establish contact with the Intruder’s digital or physical signal at any time in the future. Originally used in conjunction with retailers in order to personalize advertising from local holo-projectors, the Autotrace technology is now embedded deeply in this ICE and used for highly precise Security Operations.

If you don’t know the words ‘drop carrier’, learn them. These things are nasty and you absolutely need the time to clean up your link path after the run because you can’t break that first trace routine.

Or find a Decoy to take the fall.

I was wondering where Mrs. Roper had gotten to.

Matrix Analyzer

Knowing your customer base is important, knowing your intruders is more important. Either way, the Matrix Analyzer can be linked, real-time, to any Agenda, Advanceable Asset or ICE in order to gain you the valuable time you need to complete the important work of your Corporation. This deeply embedded routine cannot be circumvented or broken by an Intruder, as they will be more worried about the impending Data Trace which initiates if the Matrix Analyzer determines that an unauthorized customer is attempting to access your servers.
NBN is happy to provide maximum coverage for a low influence cost to all B2B customers.

The autolink that the Analyzer can perform is top notch. While we’re racing through a convoluted link path, it’s talking to another server somewhere else and advancing Agenda – or it’s making that Hadrian’s Wall even bigger, or boosting a Project Junebug. It’s why I install a few of my Rabbit Holes on the lines between my jack in point and the first public server, it usually buys me enough time to deal with it.

Nice, I just establish root on a bunch of Globalsec servers.

Shadow

It almost seems appropriate that the large structures that the Weyland Consortium builds cast some Shadow. This ICE comes with Weyland’s patented AdvanceLock system, allowing SysOps to customize their security plan to their specific needs. Also introduced with this ICE is Weyland’s unique Payback system. One of the Subroutines generates capital that can be self fed back into the improvement of this ICE, used to immediately trace an intruder or just let it funnel directly into the coffers of your Division. There is a pending lawsuit concerning the use of this ICE on public Servers, but that lawsuit does not prevent private entities from utilizing it in the protection of their data. In an attempt to foster positive public opinion, Weyland is making this ICE available for a low Influence cost and even Basic subscribers can order a full three-pack.

Where, exactly, do the credits come from?

Last I checked, it cross references your identity with all the transactions you’ve made over the last 256 days (how quaint). It then retroactively charges those transactions a royalty, which looks legal because they claim you rerouted through their private net-space during the transfer. It’s a little shady.

Shady? Coming from you? That’s rich.

Yes, yes he is.

Archer

The pinnacle of Sentry Technology, Weyland Consortium offers an extremely powerful and effective ICE for your protection needs. This ICE features the Payback system. One of the Subroutines generates capital that can be self fed back into the improvement of this ICE, used to immediately trace an intruder or just let it funnel directly into the coffers of your Division.
Activation of this software, even within Weyland Corporation, will require additional payment at the moment of activation. Please read your contracts carefully so you fully understand the costs associated with activation of this license. Additional costs can be bypassed with a Priority Requisition for emergency cases.

Another Payback system. Weyland’s getting rich off of those transactions.

Well, someone is. {wink}

Miscellaneous ICE
Not all ICE can directly be classified as a Barrier, Code Gate or Sentry, and this section is reserved for ICE built without such protocol restrictions.

Data Mine (TRAP ICE)

Originally created as a customer interrogation subroutine intended to collect personal data from a User’s host computer, the ‘Data Mine’ was found to have minor disruptive capabilities but kept self destructing. Inventive Sysop Akitaro Watanabe developed the subroutine into its own ICE, completely devoid of any normal protocols, making this the perfect innocuous little ICE to cause a bit of flak to an Intruder. Mr. Watanabe kept the name as a bit of irony. Sysops are advised to not activate this ICE unless scans of the Runner indicate that it will cause worthwhile damage to the intruder’s Avatar.
MirroMorph™ is able to provide up to two these virtual landmines to Basic Subscribers and can permit installation of a third to Premium Subscribers.

Most of the time, you just have to take the hit on these, but if you break it after the Corp activates it in your path, you’ll make further installations of ICE on that server more costly.

If I’ve installed my trusty Net Shield, I may not even notice it’s there. Sadly, once used on a Run, the Net Shield won’t stop any damage from any of the other tricks Jinteki has up their sleeves.

Server Upgrades
A good Sysop knows to use every tool at their disposal. Besides the ICE manufactured by MirrorMorph™ and the four Mega corporations, there are a number of other tools available for installation in your Servers that may assist in protection or rapid advance of the data ensconced within. Detailed here are the upgrades and individuals which may serve your Corporation’s needs. Many of these Upgrades are restricted to a single activation for Basic members, so work within your budget.

Corporate Troubleshooter

When you absolutely, positively have to keep an Intruder out, a contract with Haas-Bioroid’s Corporate Troubleshooter could be just the thing you need. Capable of boosting a single instance of ICE at the moment of encounter, this Contract will keep help prevent your ICE subroutines from being broken and may be just what you need to keep your data safe. After being used once, the Corporate Troubleshooter will return to Haas-Bioroid for deployment to the next trouble spot.

If you’ve planned your Run down to your last Credit, these hired guns can really ruin your day. If you get a whiff that there’s an upgrade on the Server you’re about to Run, bring along some extra cash just in case.

Akitaro Watanabe

Jinteki’s hot Sysop has been portrayed on NBN’s cybercrime technology show “Ice Fortress” and has published multiple white papers on how to rapidly activate installed ICE during a data incursion. Akitaro’s services can be hired out to specific servers, but his contract only permits him to be working on a single server at a time, so be careful of overbooking his schedule.

I’ve read some of Watanabe’s publications about ICE efficiency and he’s really good. In many ways it’s a shame he pulls a Jinteki paycheck.

Experiential Data

Using brain tapes that are not fit for deployment to their Bioroids, the engineers at HB have found a purpose for what was otherwise a useless product. Haas-Bioroid has begun repackaging these experiential loops into server upgrade modules that can be deployed to assist in the defense of your data. By combining otherwise disparate experiential recordings, the inhabitants of the Server are flooded with highly disorienting sensations, resulting in the effective increase of the Security Test Rating of the entire Server. Sysops are cautioned to wear sensory dampeners when deploying this module to their servers and to warn legitimate users to do the same.

If you’ve ever run multiple simsense playbacks all at the same time, that’s about what a Server loaded with this Upgrade feels like. It’s like being on a Roller Coaster, in a dance club, taking a cooking class and watching one of those old IMAX theater experiences all at the same time. There’s not much you can do except burn the playbacks once you get into the server.

You haven’t actually done that, have you?

Not since Tuesday, no.

Red Herrings

One of the oldest tricks in the book is to hide your important data among a multitude of other files that have no value or import. NBN has taken this to the next level by embedding multiple gigaquads of city surveillance footage into discrete files that on the outside look identical to the data packets you are actually protecting. Sorting through that much information takes time that may delay an intruder for long enough to prevent them from stealing anything useful.

I once saw myself coming out of Wyldside in one of the decoy files. That was kind of creepy.

Make sure you tag the files you do sort through for deletion, and then let the server’s housekeeping routines take over. Next time you come back the only thing left in the server will be what you actually care about – unless the Sysop’s had a chance to notice your activity and do something about it.

SanSan City Grid

Every day and night of the year, 24 hours a day, NBN is sending out information from Broadcast Square in New Angeles, but there are other remote cities under NBN’s influence as well. Hosting services for your Server can be rented for a modest fee on the remote SanSan City Grid, bringing the news of your Corporation’s great achievements to the masses. Any Agenda hosted remotely in SanSan will be easier to achieve due to popular support. Further, the infrastructure needed to install your Server on the SanSan grid is difficult for intruders to destroy from the comfort of their own jack-in points.

Watch out if Weyland rents space in SanSan. It usually means the next thing you know is your face is on every holovid and ad-screen in the entire metro area, and then everybody knows your name.

Cheers!

What?

Research Station

Weyland Consortium is pleased to offer renovation services for your Headquarters, which include expansion of HQ data servers and processors. This expansion will grant your Sysops greater latitude of options and choices. A Research Station is just the thing if your R&D insists on sending you products you are not yet ready to deploy. Maintaining a low ‘signal to noise’ ratio will also give you additional defense against incursions into your central servers.

signal to noise? Are they trying to tell me something?

Probably not.

End of File

Hey Noise, thanks a lot for posting this. I got a lot of good intel on what the Corp’s are up to right now, but the landscape’s always changing and you never know what they’ll develop in the future.

Yeah, good stuff, and a lot of neat ideas on some new programs.

Glad it was useful. Gabe mentioned something about forming our own little catalog – you guys up for it?

I’d love to show off my toys!

I’d find it useful too – Crypsis is getting a bit clingy.

I’m sorry Gabriel, how can I make it up to you?

Drek-all Crypsis. I’m shutting down further edits now.

END
%> cd ~sys
%> del access.log.0
%> logoff

---‘\,---‘\,---‘\,---‘\,---‘------- VIRAL PLAYGROUND .HACK ---

Session Terminated

• [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bravo, mate. Very well written (and formatted). The fact it then has quality information in it as well? Well, that's just the best icing this cake could have, now isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Open Letter to FFG: Hire this guy for flavor text and such -- he's got the patter down.

Great breakdown, BT. And brilliant goof on the COREs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A facetious Runner has replaced the Heimdall by a cheap copy of Viktor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

I got to play a game of ‘light cycles’ with one of these the last time I ran Haas. It took me nearly half the day just to convince it we were done playing and it kept going on about some guy named Bruce Boxleitner. Who the heck is Bruce Boxleitner?

He's a goot frrriend ov mine, and when you'll meet him, you'll know what it costs to brrreak the rrrules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a great read - thanks!

Minor nitpicks:
- The picture for Heimdall 1.0 is that of Viktor 1.0 instead.
- The text accompanying Archer says that it has the AdvanceLock system, when it doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Edenton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was awesome! Great job!

Will the Runner Catalog be accessed by corporate employees? I'd love to hear what Weyland has to say about Femme Fatale (gosh, I find that program very annoying, bypassing my advanced Hadrian's Walls in my games,grr)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sleaze
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work!

First time i gave a thread a GG Tipp, very entertaining read!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lee
msg tools
mb
Nicely done. It was a good read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Byron, an old school Shadowrun player, I take it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyjam wrote:
A facetious Runner has replaced the Heimdall by a cheap copy of Viktor.

Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PenumbraPenguin wrote:
This was a great read - thanks!

Minor nitpicks:
- The picture for Heimdall 1.0 is that of Viktor 1.0 instead.
- The text accompanying Archer says that it has the AdvanceLock system, when it doesn't.

Fixed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:

I ran three different campaigns back in the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Empires wrote:
That was awesome! Great job!

Will the Runner Catalog be accessed by corporate employees? I'd love to hear what Weyland has to say about Femme Fatale (gosh, I find that program very annoying, bypassing my advanced Hadrian's Walls in my games,grr)

This one took me about a week to prep w/ all the formatting and such and came in at 14 pages of text in a Word Document.

The Corporation already released one security report (Overview of Threat Assesment against Electronic and Virtual Assets, Weyland Corporation internal report).

There's more in the hopper, just takes time to get them out.

-=-=-

Glad folks are enjoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

I ran three different campaigns back in the day.

It shone through your writing, for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great read! Thanks for the images too, they're very well done.

For Tollbooth, does the runner pay the corp or the bank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nrgSingMOK wrote:
Great read! Thanks for the images too, they're very well done.

For Tollbooth, does the runner pay the corp or the bank?

Bank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Glaceon
mbmbmbmbmb
Entertaining and educational. Although, it seems to me that you don't care much for the criminal faction as it stands now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yit Ng
Malaysia
kuala lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drek, that's a slottin' lot of Shadowrun slang. Does the Android universe consist of that as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

One more question, let's say a runner steals an agenda and scores enough to win the game, but then takes one damage from Jinteki which results in them dying.

Do they still win the game? Or is it considered a loss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The runner wins. Check the unofficial FAQ BT has been kind enough to maintain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darko
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this entry, simply wonderful. Lot of good flavor!
And yes: FFG, hire this guy now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic post. Very well written

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to momentarily "unlike" this just so I could "like" it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.