Enduring the Elements(Act.II)
The Ritual of Shadows(Act.II)
Blood of Heroes(Act.II)
The Twin Idols(Act.II)
The Wyrm Turns(Act.II)
The Wyrm Rises(Act.II)
      81 answers
Poll created by RoadHouse

I wanted to make this poll if this would be some use to new players when deciding which quest to choose from the available quests. The quest balance is of course influenced by many variables but I believe there is some rough quideline that some of the quests lean towards one side or the other. I assume if one side wins a given act I quest then the corresponding act II. should favour the winning side. Is this true? Hopefully we get enough votes to see at least something about act.I quest balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you haven't played all the quests?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
What if you haven't played all the quests?

-shnar

Answer the ones you have played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatzelbelm
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think to answer this properly you need to do three surveys, one for two heroes, one for three heroes and one for four heroes.
The balance of some quests changes a lot depending on the number of heroes (e.g. Castle Daerion)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Prunk
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, after the official FAQ and Errata, The Cardinal's Plight got easier for the heroes, at least for my group. I don't know if people are voting before or after using the Errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What was changed in the FAQ about the Cardinal's Plight?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shnar wrote:
What was changed in the FAQ about the Cardinal's Plight?

-shnar

It is the very first one under errata:

Quest Guide, page 9, The Cardinal’s Plight, Special Rules: When a
hero ends his turn adjacent to Cardinal Koth, should be changed to
“When a hero first opens the door to the Library,"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata wouldn't have helped us; 4 zombies from the first half plus the master meant that the cardinal was dead *long* before we got the key to the library door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Modreski
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatzelbelm wrote:
I think to answer this properly you need to do three surveys, one for two heroes, one for three heroes and one for four heroes.
The balance of some quests changes a lot depending on the number of heroes (e.g. Castle Daerion)

I was going to stop in to make this comment

Some quests will also vary in balance depending on which rules interpretation people are playing with (for example, whether or not Lord Palamon is movable in Castle Daerion).

And some quests will reward certain skillsets more than others - having Tomble as a Thief in the party made The Cardinal's Plight drastically easier for the party we played it with than the previous party who had didn't have that sort of good searching ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Tatzelbelm wrote:

I was going to stop in to make this comment

Some quests will also vary in balance depending on which rules interpretation people are playing with (for example, whether or not Lord Palamon is movable in Castle Daerion).

And some quests will reward certain skillsets more than others - having Tomble as a Thief in the party made The Cardinal's Plight drastically easier for the party we played it with than the previous party who had didn't have that sort of good searching ability.

I agree. A quest that is very hard for one group of heroes, can be easy for another depending on their skills.

Do they have a thief, who can search quickly?
Do they have a wildander that can run far?
Do they have a high might hero that can break boulders or doors?
Do they have high damage heroes?
Do they have access to immobilize?

I think the results of this poll from Act 2 quests show this effect. In act 2 how a party does in one quest depends greatly on what skills they have. By act 2 the hero parties tend to be so different in skills that each quest will dramatically different. Sometimes a quest will be hard and sometimes easy depending on the vast skill mix late in a campaign.

The poll is probably more valuable in Act 1 where the differences are smaller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.