Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One rules question came up that I don't think was answered by the rules book.

What happens if a player smears and causes a tie they are not involved in?
Example: Player A plays a Yellow 3. Player B throws off with an Orange 6. Player C smears with a Red 3, and then plays an Orange 4.
Who wins?

The rules talk about when a player causes a tie by playing for themselves, but I don't think this was covered. We ruled that the original player (in this case, Player A) could choose. We felt that if Player C chose, then it gave a lot of control to that person. But, I honestly don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Director of Game Development at Cambridge Games Factory
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
One rules question came up that I don't think was answered by the rules book.

What happens if a player smears and causes a tie they are not involved in?
Example: Player A plays a Yellow 3. Player B throws off with an Orange 6. Player C smears with a Red 3, and then plays an Orange 4.
Who wins?

The rules talk about when a player causes a tie by playing for themselves, but I don't think this was covered. We ruled that the original player (in this case, Player A) could choose. We felt that if Player C chose, then it gave a lot of control to that person. But, I honestly don't know.

I'd say that the player whose card caused the tie (player C) breaks all ties (even if not involved).

But the rules are admittedly not quite clear on this corner case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.