Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
I love the look of the board although it does appear a little cluttered with all the tokens out and as they are all a similar shape, it can be confusing for new players.

I'm thinking of excluding the yellow bonus tokens as it would make the board much more clearer to read.

What implications would this have on gameplay? The scores would be lower in general but all players would be in the same situation so surely it wouldn't matter.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
The players will certainly lose flexibility if they cannot get city and other tokens through these yellow token. Also it lowers the incentives to build palaces. Overall, it definitely changes the game and I'm pretty sure it isn't for the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
Oh of course, incentives for building palaces is important!

What I'm going to do is order some small coloured buildings that will take the place of the trading post tokens and make them 'pop' from the bonus tokens.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocko George
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I see what you are saying- the yellow palace tokens were a pain. They made the board seem more jumbled that it was.

Did you know that for 2 and 3 player games you turn them over to the orange side? I read it on the game maker's website as official errata.

This should help sometimes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.