Subject: two rules question / critical / terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Unterriexingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
terrain just blocks line of side, the terrain "type" does not matter at all?
does not matter
critical hits only apply on the target unit? I was a little bit confused because of super charge (getting 2 crystals) ???

Line of side from middle of grid to middle of grid? Or do you count like in "chess"

If a unit is "engaged" in close combat (enemy unit next to it) can it play firecards in defence against other units or not???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evil_puck wrote:
critical hits only apply on the target unit? I was a little bit confused because of super charge (getting 2 crystals) ???

Critical hits always affect the target. Some have unexpected effects, and can be beneficial.

evil_puck wrote:
Line of side from middle of grid to middle of grid? Or do you count like in "chess"

Direct Fire works like queen moves in chess. The only difference is that when firing along a diagonal, sectors touching the line of sight on both sides block that line of sight.

evil_puck wrote:
If a unit is "engaged" in close combat (enemy unit next to it) can it play firecards in defence against other units or not???

No cards are used in close combat. If a unit is adjacent to an enemy unit, it cannot play defense cards for ranged attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Unterriexingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like queen...oha...

so you can only shoot in straight lines ....total new to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evil_puck wrote:
Like queen...oha...

so you can only shoot in straight lines ....total new to me

It has appeared before in other games, for example Star Wars: Epic Duels. It's not intuitive, especially if you have a background in tactical simulations, but it works in game terms. Now that I've played, I think using more realistic line of sight would make the game less interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Unterriexingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
:-) completly played it inuative and ...wrong

What does retain card means on the wildfire cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evil_puck wrote:
What does retain card means on the wildfire cards?

Retain means keep the card face up in front of you on the table. It will remain active until the next Reboot Decks card is drawn (at which point it gets shuffled back into the deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.