Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up that this promo is now available in the Geek Store!

However, acquisition of The Drow Wizard Promo is a bit different than all of the other promos to date, as it is not directly available for purchase. Rather, you must buy any two promos from the "Dungeon Command Drow Wizard Promotion!" category of the Geek Store (two of the same promo is fine as well!).

If your order contains two of these promos, I will automatically add a Drow Wizard figure and accompanying stat card to your order. Please note that the product will not appear in your order confirmation, but rest assured it will be in your package when you receive it!

You can visit the Drow Wizard category of the Geek Store here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I go there and its a dead end. Is it sold out, or just not working. I see nowhere to select any items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems an odd way to do things. I would like to have the Dungeon Command promo but I don't even own any of the games associated with the (only?) 7 promos available to get this offer and I have to get two of them?
Kinda sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:
Seems an odd way to do things. I would like to have the Dungeon Command promo but I don't even own any of the games associated with the (only?) 7 promos available to get this offer and I have to get two of them?
Kinda sucks.

I'm with you. I already bought some of these promos, and the rest are for games I'm not interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat, or close, I've purchased all the ones of the 7 that qualify for games that I own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would make way more sense if they had the other two DC promo cards and you had to order both of THOSE to then get the drow wizard. Having to buy 2 essentially random promos for other games is really odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure they're not random but rather items that are not selling well or some such thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:
I'm sure they're not random but rather items that are not selling well or some such thing.

For sure but they might as well be random for us as the buyers since they are all promos from different games, ones that are very likely not all owned by people that want the DC promo.

It's a shame the other DC promo cards were not included in the package as it might then be more tempting. As is, $10 for a single figure that is simply a repaint of an existing model doesn't really feel worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:

Yup, we picked some slow sellers since the Drow promos needed to benefit us in some way in order for the distribution to make sense to us. We're not allowed to sell any promos from Wizards of the Coast, but we are allowed to use them as a "buy X promos, get this free" promo.

So, in the end, the Drows help us move a few slow sellers, and the cost to gamers is about the same as if we were just selling them outright anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame I've already purchased 4 of the 7 promos and have no interest in the other 3. Had I known that holding off would get me another promo, I'd have waited. Of course, now I may wait on other BGG Promo purchases in case there's another situation like this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went ahead and got the Eminent Domain bonus planets and China expansion to get the Drow figure... Thanks BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Eirikr wrote:

Yup, we picked some slow sellers since the Drow promos needed to benefit us in some way in order for the distribution to make sense to us. We're not allowed to sell any promos from Wizards of the Coast, but we are allowed to use them as a "buy X promos, get this free" promo.

So, in the end, the Drows help us move a few slow sellers, and the cost to gamers is about the same as if we were just selling them outright anyways.
Fair enough and boo to WOTC for putting this kind of silly restriction on you guys. If I even knew someone with any of those games I could give those promos to I'd likely bite but I don't so I guess I'm out if luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'd never blame BGG for this, WoTC is terrible with their promo availability. It is amazing they released some at all to the store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't BGG just send them to users and only charge postage? Would that violate the WotC "rule" ? Bundling it with other stuff ( non WotC stuff - like WotC would have an interest in that stuff selling ) just seems like a way to exploit demand for the promo item in order to move other slow moving stuff.

Also, is this promo a BGG exclusive, or is it available elsewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty, the promo was available for anyone who participated in the D&D Game Day event back on July 21-22 at a local game store.

The WOTC rules for all promos are strange. Better for BGGers to just get extras at conventions and then give them away to other gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hargraves
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a different character alltogether (new stats on the card) or just a repaint? If it is a completly new character, I would order - but not if it is just a different paint job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redcometx wrote:
Is this a different character alltogether (new stats on the card) or just a repaint? If it is a completly new character, I would order - but not if it is just a different paint job.

Repaint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Just a heads up that this promo is now available in the Geek Store!

However, acquisition of The Drow Wizard Promo is a bit different than all of the other promos to date, as it is not directly available for purchase. Rather, you must buy any two promos from the "Dungeon Command Drow Wizard Promotion!" category of the Geek Store (two of the same promo is fine as well!).

If your order contains two of these promos, I will automatically add a Drow Wizard figure and accompanying stat card to your order. Please note that the product will not appear in your order confirmation, but rest assured it will be in your package when you receive it!

You can visit the Drow Wizard category of the Geek Store here!

Hi Chaddyboy,

I am sure it is just an oversight.

I just received the package today but it sadly did not contain the DC promo.

I ordered two of the promos, Eminent Domain: Bonus Planets & Nightfall: Zombie Horde (I don't own either game).

I sent an email to the BGG store address and am sure it will be sent. Just wanted to let loop you in, in hopes I can still receive it.

Thanks,

Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note, so this incident doesn't put anyone else off, I received an email back from the BGG store with apologies for leaving out the promo. As suspected it was just an over site and there was an immediate promise to send it out asap.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the same boat as many of you, with zero interest in the promos offered for sale. I picked the anime style cards to give to my daughter who loves the stuff (can't even remember the name of the game) and the Nightfall card, which will just end up gathering dust.

I understand why it was done this way, I guess it's the luck of the draw whether you own the games you have to buy for. Either way, I'm very happy to be able to get the promo.

If only the D&D Adventure System promo cards had been offered this way as well. I had to print my own...cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.