12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: Board games in Wellington rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiri Hanus
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi all, any board games evenings in Wellington soon? I like all types of games and can bring and teach my favorite game Bang! .

Cheer, Jiri
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jiri wrote:
Hi all, any board games evenings in Wellington soon? I like all types of games and can bring and teach my favorite game Bang! .

Cheer, Jiri

there's a few very active groups-
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
is a good start
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jiri wrote:

Cheer, Jiri

Welcome to BGG, Jiri!

I recommend checking out this link: http://www.meetup.com/WellingtonOnBoard/

There are also groups that meet every Monday (Forum, Ferryman's on Waterloo), and every Friday of the university term (Victoria University).

If you need more specific details, drop me a Geekmail. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
Jiri wrote:

Cheer, Jiri

Welcome to BGG, Jiri!

I recommend checking out this link: http://www.meetup.com/WellingtonOnBoard/

There are also groups that meet every Monday (Forum, Ferryman's on Waterloo), and every Friday of the university term (Victoria University).

If you need more specific details, drop me a Geekmail. thumbsup

We need to do a similar site for Christchurch. This is such a good resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I run a monthly games evening on the last Saturday of the month at my house in Owhiro Bay.

You get to any of the games that are part of the BoardGameRentals library (200 + titles), plus others brought by Eric (Redwinepie) and others who arrive - lately we have had both Gordon Roach and Ian Anderson bringing some wonderful games along as well.

Just geekmail me or join the mailing list on the board game rentals website for more information.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blackman
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jiri,

See, I told you there was a lot of gaming going on down in Wellington!

Hope your trip down was ok and that you enjoy the Wellington scene, we really enjoyed our 4 years living there.

Cheers & happy gaming,
Mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jiri wrote:

Cheer, Jiri

Keen to play more bang, we don't often get the numbers for it. I've got Death Mesa too which is still waiting to get on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blackman
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Jiri was at my table for my first game of Death Mesa.
I made the mistake of bringing it out to a table to new players that had played only a few games of Bang.
Oh Dear...shake Never before have I seen such confusion and a player wish to be 'removed from game'.
I must get better at reading the rules, testing them, and then introducing expansions at the correct moment.
Hope you have fun with it in Wellington.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
An if you are in the real 'North' of Welly we have the Kapiti group at Raumati South meeting 2-3 times a month.

And as Peter said, we travel in to Peter's group each month as well.

Gordon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I havent played it for that reason, always too busy introducing people to the game to try the next step....

zwarbo wrote:
I don't think Jiri was at my table for my first game of Death Mesa.
I made the mistake of bringing it out to a table to new players that had played only a few games of Bang.
Oh Dear...shake Never before have I seen such confusion and a player wish to be 'removed from game'.
I must get better at reading the rules, testing them, and then introducing expansions at the correct moment.
Hope you have fun with it in Wellington.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiri Hanus
New Zealand
flag msg tools
It took some time to find it back here ) lol. Mark, good to see you here. Thanks for your comments, hope that everthing is all right. I join Wellington meet up and on Sunday there is a meeting in a Sprig & Fern which is nextdoor from my flat. Great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The next games night at boardgamerentals is Saturday 27th, 84 happy valley road, starting at 7.30pm. If you would like to come just geek mail me so we can know general numbers in advance.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.